Resin volume displaced by stand creating up / down

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
slokhay
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Resin volume displaced by stand creating up / down

Postby slokhay » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Good Morning.
First apologize, this text translated from Spanish Google
I am designing a structure that allows me to experience up / down and down / up.
Apologies if the issue has been addressed but have failed to find it.
My question is in the design up / down: as it creates the piece rod bracket is shifting its volume. For a very small piece support can be very thin but to a larger piece ....
¿They correct for the error program or ignorant?

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Resin volume displaced by stand creating up / down

Postby PacManFan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:22 pm

If I understand you correctly, you're build a top-down SLA printer. You're creating the Z-Axis, and you're wondering if the build plate lowering into the resin will create a displacement of resin that will affect your print. Is this correct?

slokhay

Postby slokhay » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Merry Christmas:-)
You understand well but I do not mean plate generation since it is always submerged, I mean the arm down. He was worried about designing the lightest designs but here I see thick arms and strange.
Thank you for your quick response

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:28 am

The arm that attaches to the plate does affect the volume in the tank, but it should be a negligible amount for most desktop designs. You should not have to worry about it in most cases. :)

slokhay

Postby slokhay » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks for your answers.
Indeed not talking about large quantities. For footprint 100 * 50mm give me my first design a displacement of 2.3mm in height for a piece of 20cm high, two rods of 5x200mm occupies approx 7,86cm³ which generates a displacement in height of 1,57mm.
I just saw this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1710&p=4880&hilit=salt+water#p4880 but I guess the effects of last night's dinner will not let me finish understand :roll: . Believed to have it resolved by two concentric tanks to overflow mode but the third .....
I think later

slokhay

Postby slokhay » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:24 pm

I already understood but can not I upload my picture.
Vat first with resin and water communicates with the next below (only salt water) and the second and next on top and overflow

FR3Dprint

Postby FR3Dprint » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:20 pm

hi slokhay,

I'd experience top down projection on salt water for one year now, and never had any issue with the volume of the support. you should note that this volume is dispatched to the whole of the printed layers then is negligible. if you want to reduce again this negligible effect, you could increase the surface of the VAT, then makes the support section (surface) ridiculous. mine is very thin but sufficient because the printed object is supported by the resin (and water) then Archimède does the job and there is no need for a big support (I use funtodo resin -because does not need to modify the projector - then set around 200-250 grs of salt per liter).

If you read french you can look at my site, for détails.

slokhay

Postby slokhay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Bonjour!
Merci pour l'information. Vraiment le français est ma langue maternelle, mais je ne pas l'écrire correctement donc retour à me aider avec Google traslator.
J'ai commandé le matériel nécessaire pour commencer mon prototype et nous espérons avoir tout cela en cours de la première moitié de Janvier. Conte de faire des tests avec de la résine Spota depuis que je suis de Barcelone, mais la semaine prochaine je prens contact avec vous.
Merci et joyeux Noël

Good Morning!
Thanks for the information. Really French is my mother tongue but do not write so back to help me with Google traslator.
I have ordered the necessary equipment to start my prototype and hope to have it all in during the first half of January. Tale doing tests with resin Spota since I'm from Barcelona but next week I get in touch with you.
Thanks and Merry Christmas

FR3Dprint

Postby FR3Dprint » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:32 am

internet is magical ! post an english message on an american forum to discuss in french with a spanish guy ! funny isn't ?

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:59 pm

There is a very easy workaround as long as the arm is symmetrical.

1 - Submerge the platform
2 - Make a mark on the resin level
3 - Move down 100 mm
4 - Take a new measurement of the resin level

This is now the measure of the unwanted displacement.
Finally re-calculate and compensate the steps / mm in your Marlin / Sprinter FW.

This is what I would have done.