Measure of the closed-loop/endless timing belt

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Garrison
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Measure of the closed-loop/endless timing belt

Postby Garrison » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:40 am

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how a endless timing belt is measured.

If i understand correctly the pitch is the distance between teeth, the width is the width, ;-)

My principal concern is about the length. This attribute is the diameter of the belt or the max distance between the two pulleys?

Thanks.

dangre

Re: Measure of the closed-loop/endless timing belt

Postby dangre » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:43 am

There are several timing belt calculators out there. Keep in mind you will need a way to loosen/tighten the belt.

http://www.bbman.com/catalog/belt-lengt ... lator.html
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Last edited by PomeroyB on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

dangre

Postby dangre » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Sorry, I guess I didn't directly answer your question. The first part of the belt part number is usually the pitch length (theoretical circumference [not dia.]) of the belt.:-)
http://www.bbman.com/products/belts/ide ... belts.html
And yes, pitch is distance between teeth, and width is width.
https://sdp-si.com/web/html/reference_library.htm
Dan
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Garrison

Postby Garrison » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:50 am

*facepalm*
I wanted to say circumference instead of diameter

Thanks for your responses.