Looking for controller implementation

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mecanicu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Looking for controller implementation

Postby mecanicu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:31 am

Hello
I'm in a process of constructing a SLS/SLM 3D printer witch is controlled by a galvo base system. I have all the hardware parts but i still need a software to control the hole thing.
I bought a nice controller for a Chinese company Sunny CSC-Usb board, it can control 3 axis galvo digital xy2-100 or +/- 10V and 4 stepper motor's via step and direction + a lot of in/out ports, 2 encoder's.
My question: It is possible to implement this controller in the software? I have all driver's, firmware, .h files and .dll files for my controller.

I'm willing to pay for trouble.

Thank you!

Helmi

Re: Looking for controller implementation

Postby Helmi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:15 am

Maybe it would have been a good idea to post this in the software section. There's a subforum for Creation workshop which i guess you are referring to :)

But as you are here already, are you willing to post links to the hardware you have bought? Could be interesting for some people here.
Frank /

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 am

hi mecanicu,

if your going to use galvo's i would suggest to have a look at opensl.

http://pryntech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Software

cheers,
hp

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am

mecanicu

Postby mecanicu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:25 am

Sorry by not posting in the software. OpenSL is not a option for me because that board is not intended to control galvos using xy2-100 protocol. It is intended for laser show galvos (they are not designed to work at high speeds accurately 20000mm/s as industrial galvos)
Here is a link for controller http://www.sunny-technology.com/pro_con.aspx?type=89