Top-Bottom, moving VAT?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bigguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Top-Bottom, moving VAT?

Postby Bigguy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:02 am

After building a bottom-up SLA DLP printer and suffering with the PDMS and the FEP like most people have, I am starting to pondering going Top-Bottom for my next printer.
The issue I am facing is that I must keep the resin level in the VAT unchanged in order to avoid focusing and calibrating the projector each time the level changes.

So to avoid this, I am thinking to fix my build plate and move the VAT instead.

The only negative I can think of in moving the VAT is a relatively bigger stepper to move the VAT with around 6lbs of resin.

Any other ideas, pros, cons?

how_eee

Re: Top-Bottom, moving VAT?

Postby how_eee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 am

Really bad idea. All you need is cut hole in side wall of VAT and add pump.
Look here.http://roboforum.ru/download/file.php?i ... &mode=view

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 am

Bigguy

Postby Bigguy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:48 am

The pump is a great idea, how come I never stumbled upon it before. But a small issue is raised for all of you who actually tried it, won't the flow of resin from the pump during a print job cause any disruption in the few layers being printed at the time?

how_eee

Postby how_eee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:29 am

You can switch on pump only when z axis moving