InFocus 2104

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spaceman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

InFocus 2104

Postby spaceman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:18 am

Hello,

Does anyone use this projector? I wanted to know if I need to remove the color wheel? Has anyone changed the focal length on this unit?

Space...

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: InFocus 2104

Postby PacManFan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:19 pm

I used a 2104 on my prototype printer. I documented the process on my blog:

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks PacManFan.

I'll be referring to your experience often. Did you modify the lens focal length?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 am

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 am

I have the whole lens housing separated from the main unit. I'm just not sure how I would put a spacer in.

Do you have any photos?

They would be greatly appreciated.

Space......

EDIT:
So I got the focus/zoom assembly apart from the DLP chip housing. Now I see where you would put the spacer. Did you use 3mm arbitrarily? I was thinking 4mm or 5mm. Do you see a drawback to a spacer that big?

Also, you mentioned in your blog that you removed a 'suspicious' pane of glass that may be UV-resistant. I have 2 lenses and the angular mirror in the DLP housing. Was the lens you removed inside the DLP housing or elsewhere?

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Space....

miribota

Postby miribota » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 am

I am currently putting together a printer on the 'cheap'. Just in case anyone comes across this post, I picked up an InFocus 2104 off of eBay for less than $40.

I put in 3mm spacers to adjust the focal length and broke off the color wheel. However I also had a question as to what glass to remove since I wasn't getting any curing with 30 second exposures. After removing the glass right in front of the bulb on the bulb assembly, I was getting over-curing with 8 second exposures.

If I were to do it again I'd try just using zoom lenses over the projector lens to adjust the focal length and remove the glass from the bulb assembly – Just to see if the projector would work without having to crack it open. It took me much longer than I would have thought to do the mod. I ended up striping the projector down to the DLP chip and cleaned the entire optical path since I had dust splotches showing up in the projected image.