Patent infringement

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Patent infringement

Postby adambx » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Hello all,

I have a more or less important question. Is it patent infringement if I copy some patented features for my own machine and sell products that are printed with that machine?
I know that it might not be serious enough to get in trouble, but I'm asking about the general law in that matter. Especially if the development of said patented machine parts are being documented on this site.

I'd appreciate any help :)

Cheers!

PomeroyB

Re: Patent infringement

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:05 pm

It depends on where in the world you live. If you're in the US, any use of a patented technology (Even if you build it in your basement and never show anyone) is infringement.

In other parts of the world, people are allowed to build patented devices as long as it's not a commercial venture. Whether or not selling printed parts counts as a commercial venture... That could depend on the amount of revenue you bring in and the type of storefront you have.

However, I'm not a lawyer, so take all this with a grain of salt!

adambx

Postby adambx » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm

thanks! I live in germany so i guess i'll do some research of how it is here.

Cheers

MrBaz

Postby MrBaz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:45 pm