LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
lasersafe1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby lasersafe1 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi guys. First post for me. I'm new to SLA and just doing research. My background so far has been in homebuilt CNC mills and laser engravers. I'm seeing that you are having dropouts in your scan and you are reloading windows and such trying to find the timing errors. In the CNC mill world we had the same issues and it all boiled down to microsecond changes in the time in interrupt as the CPU thread goes off to service another process. I am by no means an expert in the coding issue, but for me it was all solved when I purchased an item called a smoothstepper, that buffers the incoming commands with a DSP and releases them all in a serial steam with a highly predictable timing. My mill now runs perfectly at 10 times the speed I could achieve without the smoothstepper. When I first built my C02 laser cutter/engraver, I was also experimenting with traditional CNC type interface using EMC2 and Mach3, but ended up buying a DSP controller that was built specifically for the task. It seems to me that someone needs to code a DSP specifically for this task and drive the galvos and turn the laser on and off with precise timing. It would take in one page frame at a time and release it with high precision, then while it is doing its refresh thing with the z-axis, it can load up the next page.

I sure do like this project. I still don't know enough about SLA and the right path for my build, but it sure appears that if the goal is putting UV light on the resin, then a UV laser through a galvo should be superior to trying to squeeze the small amount of UV from a projector or from a tablet LCD. With the galvo concept, you are making and using only the wavelenth of interest. Sadly, my experience building my C02 laser engraver won't be of much help here, because it is quite slow in comparison to these galvos. My mirror raster scans across a 30" bed at about 800mm/sec, then has to stop and turn around and advance the other axis by one line. That being said, there are a few related issues like resolution and what happens when alignment is wrong and scan lines overlap.

I did the kickstarter for the TIKO 3D printer, and I hear it will be shipping in a month or two, but after researching SLA, I think my TIKO will be a dinosaur within a year. Perhaps I should sell it on Ebay as soon as I get it. Still unsure. I'll be watching this forum with great interest!

mypeo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mypeo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:55 pm

I also think SLA is the way to go for higher quality print. I am happy to pitch in as well. I should have most of the parts by next week and I will start the process and document what I did.

karthik

Postby karthik » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:34 am

Hi Steve and all

where to buy a laser Galvo.

what is this ? it can be used as galvo ?

1612LFW_sch_f2_alt.jpg

spoocke

Postby spoocke » Sat May 13, 2017 6:40 am

Are there any install video's up for this??
Seems the ones at the start of this thread are offline.

DonVito

Postby DonVito » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 am

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, I am probably two years late and there is nothing new on this topic and the links do not work anymore. I'm currently building a Sla printer for a university projects.

I already got the hardware together as I thought the software wouldn't be the major problem. But now I'm a bit stuck with get CW and the laser shark board running.

Can anybody help me or can give me some clues how I could implement the board in CW. :)

Thanks in advance