LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
stimpy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby stimpy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 am

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:22 pm

One thing I wanted to mention is that you have to take care when you wire up the Galvo driver board 3-pin terminals to the LaserShark. I walked another fellow user through this process, and the Lasershark board Image pin out shows a pinout of:

Ground
-
+

while the driver board on some galvos show:

+
Ground
-

Mis-wiring this could account for some weird visual artifacts. Double check your wiring! You may have to flip two wires.

danielm

Postby danielm » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:56 am

PacManFan, you were right regarding switched wires. However, there is still some "distortion":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mvAu ... sp=sharing
At least the rendered pattern now matches what I can see on CW :)

I tried it on two machines:
Athlon64 with Win7 32bit - CPU load of CW process is (almost) 50 percent when NOT scanning and up to 5 percent when scanning.
Core i3 with Win7 64bit - CPU load of CW process is (almost) 25 percent when NOT scanning and up to 3 percent when scanning.

It seems that when not scanning the application consumes maximum CPU resources available for single-threaded application.

I also tried to switch process priority to "Realtime" however I could still see (and hear) the artifacts.
I tried to lower the pps value in config file to 10000, but the artifacts did not disappear.

On both machines I am using drivers you provided together with latest CW build.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:54 am

Alright,
I'm going to see if I can take care of the threading issue with CPU usage. I'm also implementing a new way to signal to the build process that the current slice has been displayed. With the laserShark skipping black areas, the display time for each slice may vary. I want to ensure the next layer can be started quickly after the previous finishes.

danielm

Postby danielm » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:40 am

I am looking forward for next release. Hope I can finish construction of my printer with electronics and basic VAT during next week ;-)

Btw, could you please share some technical details of this printer? It seems that you customized CW for them :)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SLA-ligh ... 40315.html

I see that they are using some sort of FPGA controller. Do you know what kind of galvos and F-theta lens are they using?

I would be really grateful if you could share some technical info.

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:41 am

Hey Steve,

Looks like I'm getting a mirrored image on multiple files. Thought it was the wrench file, but I'm getting the same thing on the Rook file. The Rook has two staircases along with the wrench doubling. Looks to be mirroring directly from the middle of the model. Both files printed fine with the DLP and CW too...

Also the SLS version is in progress. I have 30mesh nylon for testing and working on the piston feeds and powder distribution. Also order mirrors for the CO2 laser to incorporate into the galvos.

Thanks,

Bill

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Hey Steve,

Just did a long exposure test with the laser to show the image mirroring issue. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_3599.JPG

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 am

Alright, I figured out why the image is being reflected on the X axis. I have a new release for you to test with:

This version has the laser drivers, main CW .38 release, and the LaserShark plugin. This version should fix the X axis reflection.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:39 pm

geg

Postby geg » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 am