LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
Wabbe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby Wabbe » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Wabbe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Wabbe » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Well... Here's a wrench. LOL

Oddly it printed two wrenches when it should have been one. I'll have to look into that... Also note the lines in the print from the laser scan. Also the z axis went rogue at about 95% and moved down forcing me to shut the system down. This has happened twice on the same stl file. I'll try another to see if it's the file.

Bill
Attachments
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3289.JPG

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 pm

That looks great! The resolution looks really good too. I'd like to figure out what's going on with the second half of the image mirroring on the display.I want to know if this is a hardware problem specific to you, or if it is something caused by my LaserShark plugin.

I'm going to release the next iteration of the plugin soon. This will skip over any Y-axis lines that are completely black. The next step after that is to skip over the majority of the black pixels on y-lines that DO have lit pixels.

Once I do this, the layer exposure time will vary based on the complexity of the slice. I'm going to need to also implement some sort of mechanism to allow the GCode to wait until the display has completed. Currently for DLP-based SLA, the layer exposure time is fixed on a per-slice basis with a ';<Delay>' command. I'm thinking about implementing a 'WaitForDisplayDone' function that will delay until the lasershark reports that the scan is complete.

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:46 am

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 am

Bill,
You can open up the machine configuration file and change the 512,512 to be a power of 2 number from 256 - 4096 (256,512,1024,2048,4096). Be warned that it takes much longer and more memory to process the samples once you start going above 1024.

-Steve

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 am

All,
Attached is a new build of Creation Workshop (1.0.0.33) with the LaserShark USB drivers, plugin. This version of the plugin will skip over all y-rows that are completely black. The next step in this is to skip (most) black pixels. Some black pixels on the boarder of lit pixels are needed to let the laser time to settle. Additionally, now that I am skipping unlit rows over pixels, the display time for slices is faster. Unfortunately, this means that each layer time may vary slightly, and the ;<Delay> statement in the gcode may either be too long or too short based on the model slice geometry. To account for this, I'm going to introduce a new mechanism for synchronizing the laser display with the gcode build.

If you can, please test this new plugin and post some results for all to see.

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:12 pm

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:37 pm

I have make movie also with latest software and lasershark plugin but not in resin atm.
Got a gab between the two lines don't know what that is somebody know what it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fq90kwf71wzx ... 4.mp4?dl=0

Greetings.

danielm

Postby danielm » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:17 am

Hi guys, I tested latest CW build for Lasershark (1.0.0.33) and I am still getting some artifacts:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mvAu ... sp=sharing

The slice contains only bright pixels - laser is scanning entire area.
Artifacts are not present at all scan-lines. When the artifacts are present, you can hear increased noise from galvos in the video. Also Lasershark LED D1 gets brighter simultaneously.

I am running it on Windows 7 32bit, Lasershark FW v5. I tried all TTL outputs (A,B,C) - result is the same.

Any ideas?

PacManFan, do you make use of "clear buffer command" Macpod introduced in V5? (Lasershark Firmware V2.3 (Aka V5) - Properly supports clear buffer command and adds a new command to query number of samples accepted per bulk packet transfer.) Could this be the reason of my issues?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 am