LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
HsushiMooshi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby HsushiMooshi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi Pacmanfan,
You're right about having to select the usb device before you can use it in the VM. Usually the usb device will act like it unplugged from the host machine and appear as connected to the VM. Once you uncheck it, It should just show as connected to the host again (atleast that's what happens with my other usb devices).

Is this what you mean by enabling the debugging?

I tried connecting to the printer, then looking at the commlog.log but it's just an empty text file.

When I connect the lasershark and start CW, this is what I see

I'm assuming that the lasershark should also be listed under "Available Displays" but it's not.

Maybe I need to change the projector com port? I'm not really good with the software side of things haha...

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:55 pm

HsushiMooshi

Postby HsushiMooshi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:18 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 pm

HsushiMooshi

Postby HsushiMooshi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:28 pm

danielm

Postby danielm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:58 am

Hi PacManFan, I would like to ask - is there any newer version of CW with Lasershark support than CW_LaserSLA_1.0.0.38?

I resumed the work on my printer after some time working on another project. I still have issues with distortion in scanned image and I do not have any solution. All I know is that it is probably related to data transfer - occurence of distortion is synchronous with D1 LED activity, which indicates data transfer. In the next days, I would like to test my Lasershark setup - I will try to render ILDA test pattern with OpenLase/playilda.

I would be happy, If you could implement some USB communication debug info into CW console as we discussed few months ago.

Yesterday I was working on Z-axis electronics (Megatronics v3, TB6560 drivers and NEMA23 steppers) which I made working after some configuration changes in Marlin.
As first experiment, I would like to try peel action with sequential move of Z-left and Z-right as I have fixed VAT construction. The idea is to connect Z-left stepper driver to Y channel of Megatronics and Z-right stepper driver to Z channel of Megatronics. I also installed opto-endstops for both sides. I believe, I can setup proper lift sequence in G-code configuration.

However, my question is - is it possible to control both Y and Z channels via single button in Manual control tab of CW?

Later I would like to move to Flex-VAT - I see that several forum members made really nice progress with it.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 pm

danielm

Postby danielm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Steve, you can see (and hear) the distortion on this video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mvAu ... sp=sharing
Please note that entire build area was scanned during this "slice". Galvos become much noisier during the distortion. I hope that it is not caused by bad driver settings - the pots are still in factory position. Btw yesterday I ordered another galvo set - just to verify that current set is properly set. It should also arrive with some kind of show card, which might also serve for testing purposes. I checked the wiring several times, it should be ok - I swapped some pins in one connector (of each driver cable) in the past.
Thanks for the tip on mUVe's Marlin variant, I was not aware of it. I will let you know, how it is working for me :)

danielm

Postby danielm » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:36 pm

PacManFan, I would like to ask a question regarding the build with USB debug info - when approximately it could be ready?

This is how ILDA test pattern looks on my HW setup, I guess that the wiring should be ok.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mvAu ... FEcms/view

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:16 pm