LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
danielm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:02 am

I finally tested latest build of Lasershark plugin and I was getting some artifacts on the scan-lines. You can see it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mvAu ... sp=sharing

It was running on Windows 7 32-bit, slowed down to 5kpps and TTL input of laser driver was connected to Channel A. Should I try different channel?
The laser is 200mW and I did not play with focus yet.

PacManFan, could you please implement UI element/command for manual switching of laser (on/off). It may help during focusing of the laser and aligning of X/Y axis. It may be done by disconnecting of TTL signal, however when the device is enclosed in a case, it might be useful. I also think that if the CW could render a continous square it might help to tune scale and galvo positions.

I see that Wabbe already started a build log. Could the rest of you please do the same? I will do that as well. We can inspire each other during design and construction :)

danielm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:24 am

Here is my build log:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1725

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:40 am

DanielM try channel B or C that wil work i think.

OrsonY

Postby OrsonY » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:23 am

I was thinking to order a Micro Drill plate down to 0.01mm to focus the laser beam(as for as i know, most Laser SLA are using 0.02mm point). Is that a good idea? Any commend or debate?

danielm

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:09 am

Is is also a possible way to go but you must take into consideration that you will lose significant portion of emitted energy and curing will take more time.

In my opinion better way is to use some collimation optics (simple optics is already included in our modules) and/or F-theta lens. You may find more info on metalbot.org forum (http://www.metalbot.org/forum/index.php). Lens setup depends on optical characteristics of specific laser source.

OrsonY

Postby OrsonY » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:40 pm

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:21 pm

F-theta lenses are $$$$$, though it will be necessary if you are trying to do a large print area. It will help with prevention of spot size deformation on the periphery.

It does look like we are all using the same UV laser diode, I spoke with the manufacturer and its specced to have a spot size of 1mm. What would be best for narrowing down the spot size to more standard sizes (say 300 to 500 microns) we should be looking at adjust iris diaphragms. Pretty much a mechanical shutter, its what the Muve3D uses as well as the now dead Pryntech/OpenSL/LAMPS project.

I'd suggest ThorLabs for a source of these iris's, http://www.thorlabs.com/search/thorsear ... +diaphragm (it's where the two projects I mentioned get theirs)

ThorLabs is also good if you want to look into F-theta lenses too, but again they are $$$$$$$$.
@AndersonHTa

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Would it be possible to use a laser fiber collimator to narrow the beam and keep the power without an iris?

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:10 pm

OrsonY

Postby OrsonY » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:50 am

Zero Appearance Iris Diaphragm from edmoundoptics would be best, there are more cheaper version from china which i just brought still waiting it to arrive. The drawback of Iris Diaphragm is you need to adjust to get the size you want preferably use a Calibration slide 0.01mm to calibrate the dot size you can get it on ebay( Cross Dot 0.01mm Microscope stage USD15 and above). So i thinking on making a micro hold instead using Iris Diaphragm but like danielm said there will be some loses this would be same theory of using Iris Diaphragm. Most Laser Engraver will had a F-theta Lens to straight the light beam and the price .. $$$$ Cheapest i can find from china on ebay will be USD199.99(quality is questionable :? :? ).