LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
stimpy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby stimpy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:12 am

Hey Guys,

I have installed also the software and drivers and have do test run.
Here is my first test video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZMpjon93EQ

saviowong
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby saviowong » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:04 am

This is my test video. You can see the laser turned on at the right time. I connected the laser at channel C.
But after the first layer, the galvo will not move any more until i reboot the PC and run the CW again.

This is the first layer of the cured resin, it should be two circles. You can see the laser goes beyond the circles.
20140831_155411.jpg

Btw, is it possible to make the galvo move in a way that similar to XY stepper motors to draw the shape? I think this would reduce the on/off of laser and give more accurate print.

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi guys,

What windows version are you running because when i use it on win 7 32bit get other output to lasershark then when i use win 7 64bit.
And is the show calibrating working i get output when i do that.
CW is hanging when i use lasershark one time then i kill all processes from CW, reset the lasershark and then do it again.

Greetings Stimpy

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:04 pm

I'll look into why only the first layer is displayed. For now, I would recommend using the 'preview slice on display' checkbox to display the image on the laser. I'm going to put in additional debugging information in the debug log view to help see what's going on.

BMMal

Postby BMMal » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 am

Hi Steve,

Great work so far. I am having a couple of issues.

#1 TTL does not seem to be working. If I hook my TTl signal wires to any of the channels on the laser shark, the laser remains off. Once I unhook them then the laser comes on.

#2 My system will not display or scan anything if I hit the print button

#3 When showing a layer preview, my system will scan what seems to be one layer and then stop. I cannot get it to scan anything else after this without closing CW. My TTL problem makes this appear to be just scanning a square area.

Lastly, I just want to make a note that the SLA systems from 3D Systems appear to actually use Gcode or some system where part contours and raster lines etc are drawn rather than scanning lines of pixels.

OrsonY

Postby OrsonY » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:52 am

Hi Steve,
I am not sure about this information helps or not, I just want to share my experience of using DWS 028J+ SLA system, ACCURACY down to 0.01mm .
Talk About 3D system under DWS028J+.
They use a slicer call VisCam RP for making slice and compensate the shrinkage of the material so that the output is as close as to the model.
The software itself had a shrinkage % calculator to calculate the XYZ shrinking of the model to be enlarged for compensate the shrinkage of the Resin so that the accurately is there. After repairing the Mesh edge and Shell Direction, we need to union all the shell into one model to had a proper slicing ( same problem with previous CW). After that as usual carried out slicing process.. The slicer only will make the contour line or the model outer shell, then we need to generate a hatch path (inner contour line for each layer). What seem for me its just the path for the laser or we call it GCODE path.Then the laser will do the rest according to the hatch path. For the 1st to the desire layer, the laser movement will be very slow to provide good adhesion to the build platform. I am not sure what the Number speed mean..but For sure the 1st to 5th layer( depend on the resin, some resin will need 3 later only) it will move 150 and the rest will be 2000.(DWS 028J is the slowest 3D printer and smallest built platform (65x65x90 and with i think 20kpps or less) among all the DWS 0** family, and the DWS008 is the smallest in size).

I currently being employed by a firm that need a operator to operate the DWS 028 and some other to use it lol . SO if there any other you need to know just drop me a line or two. :lol: :lol:
Being paid for playing a DWS 3D printer ..

hysencifliku

Postby hysencifliku » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:17 am

Hi PacManFan, Could you please release any alpha/beta version of Lasershark plugin for testing?please

BMMal

Postby BMMal » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 am

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:47 am

I'll be sure to include a full package (CW , plugin & USB drivers) next release. I'm looking into why CW is displaying only the first few images now. I'm going to put in a bit more debugging infor and make a release soon.
-S