Distortion problem (gavo mirror isseu?)

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Changho
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Distortion problem (gavo mirror isseu?)

Postby Changho » Sat May 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi guys, I have a quick question about my galvo system.
can you please give me some advice?
I have distortion problem with my sample. I printed a simple square but the 4 lines are not straight at all
Do you guys think this is related with scanning angle of galvo mirror? I mean, my galvo mirror is set to move + - 20 degree (total 40 degree)
but it only moves +20 region and does not go to - 20 area
and of course bigger square shows more serious distortion
Can you please give me an advice how I can fix this problem?

Oh, and I made my build plate 140 x 140 (and my galvo was made to cover this area) so I set my center to (70,70). Can I set my center to (0,0) instead of (70,70)?

Do you think this is related to my firmware setting? (or slic3r?) I have no idea where can I change this stuff...