Infocus 2104 LENS MOD

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
monito
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Infocus 2104 LENS MOD

Postby monito » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 am

Where do I find how you modified your projector. I have read in several places how people have modified the projector lens to shorten the focal distance. Now I cant seem to find the links to the modifications.

Thanks!

johnrpm

Re: Infocus 2104 LENS MOD

Postby johnrpm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:49 am

top view2.jpg
hp vp6121
on my projector, where the lens joins the housing, (4 screws on mine), I added 4mm spacers to bring the lens further away.
the screws may need to be replaced with longer ones, or you may be lucky, some people cut a plate spacer which would
keep dust out, the 4mm may need a bit of experimenting with.

I am trying to replace the lens altogether, with a single fixed lens, as the zoom focus has at least 3 elements, which reduce the UV somewhat, but
not sure if its worth the effort.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:54 pm

I did the identical modification to my Infocus 2104. I detached the lens, and I 3d printed a 3mm spacer to move the lens farther outward.

octanees

Postby octanees » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Pacmanfan,is supposed that the only good way to avoid the abberration lens/ distortion issues is with a special lens called Theta-f lens.im not sure 100% because I didnt made a test yet with one of these lens.

That is a expensive lense and for now, im not gonna try with this, cost betwen 100 to 500 dollards....there is a link at ebay:

monito

Postby monito » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 am

Great feedback. I will try to add a spacer to the lens as this is easy to implement.What are the benefits to switching to a f-theta lens? Is it worth the modifications? I have several of these lens available and could easily try it out.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:19 am

my understanding of theta-f lenses, is for laser based setups, to correct spot profile at
wider angles, if the spot is straight down it is round, but as it is drawn by the galvo
further to the side, instead of a round spot, it becomes an ellipse, the lens corrects this.

Anyway, that is how I understand it, but I am no expert.

p.s like the animation, what did you use to create it?.

pp.s, can we upload vidio, or should we link to vimeo etc.
Random Precision