First surface mirror, Aluminium, Glass or Acrylic?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
fleming
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: First surface mirror, Aluminium, Glass or Acrylic?

Postby fleming » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 am

Jajajaja, you beat me Clinton!!!
Google helps!!!

Excited4DLP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Excited4DLP » Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Does the thickness of a first-surface mirror change the quality of the reflection from the projector at all? firstsurfacemirror.com offers thicknesses of 1.9mm, 3mm, and 6mm.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Excited4DLP

Postby Excited4DLP » Wed May 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Wed May 28, 2014 6:21 pm

There really should be no need to brace even at 1.9mm, it's a piece of glass so if it's flexing there is a issue. I have no idea how it would flex in this kind of application though?

@A2

Postby @A2 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm

You're not placing a load on the mirror so probably the only issues are vibration, and heat distortion. I would insulate the mirror from it's mount with double sided adhesive coated cork, and/or foam, with a few perimeter mirror clips if the bond fails.

I'm looking for a first surface mirror from a discarded rear projection TV.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Heat? How close do you think the mirror sits? Unless you run a double folded design no way is the mirror getting too hot, even then I very much doubt it. You could ask Edge he runs a double folded design and I didn't see any insulation on his mount, can see that being a issue in the least.

Excited4DLP

Postby Excited4DLP » Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 pm

@A2

Postby @A2 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:02 am