Hardware and Firmware setup

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
wallmasterr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hardware and Firmware setup

Postby wallmasterr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:18 am

Hi, im a noob here. Trying to get an Arduino Mega 2560 set up with a "A4988 Stepper Motor Driver" got the firmware "sprinter" installed ok and Creation works is picking it up but cant find what pins to hook up to where on the Arduino, am i missing something really obvious in some documentation somewhere? Thanks Ally

hbwray
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hbwray » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:50 am

Hi all,

I was looking at trying my hand at DLP printer aftering having worked with some FDM ones. I have the board left over its attached in the photo. What type of firmware should I use and how is it going to deal with all the extra inputs that it has like temp and so on. I just really need the zmotor off it and an endstop maybe a tilt motor. Also how can I deal with diffrent slicing depths and steping. I plan to do my z-axis on a ball screw. Thoughts? Input?
Attachments
IMG_2357.JPG

lverigic

Postby lverigic » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:34 pm

So if i am understanding this correctly, you are supposed to get the ramps AND arduino ? Or can you only use arduino?

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:24 pm

You don't have to use ramps but you will need some type of stepper driver to add to an arduino board to make it work. I personally went for Ramps and it wasn't really that expensive, it's fairly clean as it sits on top of the arduino mega board. and was easy to setup with the available firmwares (I used marlin). I think I payed around $40 for a Chinese knock off (an arduino mega + Ramps and 4 drivers) that was worked flawlessly.