Top Down 3D Printer

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AhmedAdel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Top Down 3D Printer

Postby AhmedAdel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Hello guys,

i built my own 3D Printer using Top Down technique and i got some problems with Prints.
The Printed Part as same as the design plus some excess cured resin with it like attached photos.
propeller.jpg

propeller 2.jpg

i can't solve this Problem, i need your help to solve the problem.

Top down.jpg

redonix76

Re: Top Down 3D Printer

Postby redonix76 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello and welcome! Looks like it could be settling issues where it's starts to cure when the resin is still moving and haven't settled. Try bumping up the wait time in between layers...mayb3 15000 or longer, depending on how viscous your resin is.

James

Postby James » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Is that Formlabs' tough resin?

Hopefully redonix76 has stated the solution. Can this happen anytime during the print or is it happening more toward the end or more towards the beginning of the print process?
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

AhmedAdel

Postby AhmedAdel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your recommendations , its all about intensity of light and exposure time.
the problem is solved totally when i used low penetration resin.

Now i have another Problem Look for the following photo , tell me what are the probable causes of this error.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56285938

James

Postby James » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:18 am

Glad you got it working!

As for your new problem, I cannot see your image; see screen cap.

Error screen cap.png

Seems like you told me what resin you were using, but I can't remember how you told me. I don't see that you mentioned it in this thread, but I think I remember you telling me. Did you contact me some other way like an email or something?
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

AhmedAdel

Postby AhmedAdel » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Hey james, i don't remember too :)

i'm using MS Resin, the previous photo attached below.
how ever i solved this problem for this part while it takes place with another parts geometry.
the parameter i changed is blank time and Z Lift speed.
Attachments
12170859_10153858096444674_1890227895_o.jpg

Aminacoit

-

Postby Aminacoit » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:57 am

Hi All,

I would like to build a Simulator setup in my basement and would like to get ideas from you. Please post your setup pictures in this thread.

Thanks,

ttran1999
go!

James

Postby James » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:21 pm

Hello! :D

The forum has been dead for years. Hackers got in and destroyed everything and everyone quit using the forum after that. It was great when it was working though! We all learned so many things. I don't know if people still use Creation Workshop anymore but I'm sure the software can be downloaded from somewhere.