Creation workshop on linux

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation workshop on linux

Postby johnrpm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am

Cross-platform - Windows,Linux,Mac on Mono

Would you please give us a primer to get CW running on linux, I tried under wine with no luck,
but if it will run under Mono then great, I have not knowledge of Mono.

Thanks
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Creation workshop on linux

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am

Creation Workshop will run on Linux and Mac under Mono.
From the terminal, you can install mono on a Debian system like this:

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

after installation, go to the Creation Workshop directory and open a terminal, you can launch CW by typing

mono ./CreationWorkshop.exe

That should launch CW. You can probably make this into a shell script or launcher.
Let me know if you have any problems.
-S

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Thank you, that means that linuxlite running on old hardware makes for a cheap controller,
i shall try it out.

thanks again.

P.S, Linuxlite is the best operating system, I highly reccomend it.
Random Precision

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:50 pm

It works, and seems faster than in windows, right click the exe file, and "open with mono runtime" simple.
I have not yet connected to the projector, its in bits.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:40 pm

One thing I noticed when I connected my projector on CW under Linux is that Mono under Linux reported the wrong display resolution. It was simple enough to type in the right one, but there might be little things like that.
One other strange thing I noticed is that on one Linux machine I tested on, I had to run as root to be able to open the serial port in /dev/ttyACM0. Strangely enough, I didn't have to run as root on another Linux box.

Batuta

Postby Batuta » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 am

Well had/having some troubles trying to make it work on linux:
1- CW didn't recognize ACM0 // I think if you create a rule under UDEV might solve the problem (work for me : SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="XXXX", ATTRS{idVendor}=="YYYY", SYMLINK+="ttyUSB%n" under '99-arduino.rules' in '/etc/udev/ruled.d' reboot)
2- 0,025 step dont work on linux (at least my version Lubuntu)
3:I think mono is fucking something/trying it on wine later

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:59 am

3dprinter.org.ua

Postby 3dprinter.org.ua » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:19 am

You were offered a very good idea with Linux. I'd love to make the management through raspberries or through beaglebone black.
https://3DPrinter.ua - 3DPrinter shop

zach

Postby zach » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I am trying to run CW on my raspberry pi. I have installed mono-complete and I have downloaded CW. I made CW executable. When I click on CW it opens the frame of the software but the center is the desktop. This stays on the desktop for about two minutes and then disappears. I can not get CW to run. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it wont run?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:10 pm

There are issues with OpenTK on the raspberry Pi. I don't think it's going to work very well anytime soon on the Pi.