Can CW be used for CNC machining?

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can CW be used for CNC machining?

Postby Finhead » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:47 am

So in theory CW should be able to control a CNC Router/mill etc with a USB breakout board then? Or am I missing something?
There are 3 BOB's that use USB here, been tempted to get one since I'm not really a fan of the full size PC under my router rather have one of my spare laptops controlling it.

SIDRANA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SIDRANA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Hello;

Try this Link----http://www.hsmworks.com/gethsmxpress/

HSMWORKS HSMXPRESSDOWNLOADBUYSUPPORTCASESNEWSCOMPANY LOGIN FORUM
HSMWorks
Integration with SolidWorks
2D Toolpath Strategies
3D Toolpath Strategies
Multi-Axis Milling
Turning
Additional Features in HSMWorks
What's New in 2014
Videos
Request Trial
Attention Educators
Integrated CAM for SolidWorks

HSMWorks is designed from the ground up to work inside SolidWorks, providing a logical extension of the parametric SolidWorks assembly environment into the CAM world. Experienced SolidWorks users will feel right at home working with HSMWorks and will be able to create high-quality toolpaths within minutes. New users will benefit from the comprehensive 2D and 3D CAD capabilities of SolidWorks mechanical design solutions and quickly extend any knowledge gained to the CAM process, resulting in improved design quality and reduced product development time.

HSMWorks integrates directly into the SolidWorks® 3D design software
offering a single user interface for both CAD and CAM.

Best in Class Toolpaths

HSMWorks is designed to generate the smoothest toolpaths possible resulting in reduced machining time, improved surface quality, less tool wear and extended machine tool life. HSMWorks features innovative toolpath strategies, like Adaptive Clearing, that typically reduces roughing time by a factor of 4 or more compared to conventional roughing, and increases tool life by as much as a factor of 10 depending on material hardness.

HSMWorks includes all of the conventional machining strategies including parallel, contour, pocket, scallop, radial, spiral and pencil familiar to most CAM users. HSMWorks takes these strategies further by generating smooth linking moves that reduce machining time and increases tool and machine tool life.

Modern Architecture

HSMWorks utilizes the latest technologies including native 64-bit support for users of the 64-bit version of SolidWorks resulting in superior performance, especially when working on large or complex designs.

HSMWorks is designed to take advantage of the latest workstation technologies including 4 - 24 core systems. Multi-processor/multicore support dramatically speeds generation of complex toolpaths and is beneficial not only when generating multiple operations or rebuilding complex parts after a design change, but also when generating a single toolpath.

Users are able to continue working inside SolidWorks while toolpaths are calculated in the background due to HSMWorks' advanced task manager capabilities.

Distributed CAM

The HSMWorks Distributed CAM server enables users to respond even faster to design changes, by automatically utilizing idle PCs on the local network to reduce toolpath calculation time. Distributed CAM is automatically used by HSMWorks when installed on selected PCs and requires no additional setup or interaction from the user.

Start your Free Evaluation today!

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Dear Leinad,

The free Version 2.5 D HSMXPRESS /http://www.hsmworks.com/hsmxpress/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 6.37.47 PM.png

goldi80

Postby goldi80 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:53 pm

if you have aluminium cnc engraver just download artcam that it

look on yb how to make gcode is called toolpath and you ready to go

if you have company bay artcam or type3 which on you like the are very expensive artcam is about 5k type3 10k

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello, CNC Personals

CAD AND CAM Software; March special $399.00
http://dolphincadcamusa.com/products/mi ... e_Download
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 6.00.06 PM.png

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 am

hello guys,

been very busy the last weeks but i have had some progress, finally :)

it was a problem with the software and with the connectors. after finding and solving the problems, it was just a try&error how fast the machine could work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 7803149881

right now i´m thinking about converting that beast into a fdm printer, but thats exactly were the problems start... how the hell should i tell Mach3 to work in the opposite way :?

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

There are USB motion control devices that are compatible with parallel ports. I am using a UC-100 and Mach3 to run a cnc router that normally would accept input from a parallel port. $130-$150 plus shipping depending on where you buy. This device is not the only option.

This is not just a USB to parallel converter, it is a motion control device. One of the benefits is that it cures some of the timing issues that you have when trying to do motion control with Windows based computers.

I was just thinking that if I subtract my model from a cube, set the nozzle size to .5",layer thickness to say .25", and do something else that I am surely missing, that CW would output some nice code if I could just run it backwards! :lol: Some of the rapid moves might mow some of the wrong stuff too I guess.

Hint,hint, beg, beg, beg...

This would be a very handy tool.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu May 22, 2014 1:05 pm

I almost forgot to mention; I DID get Creation Workshop working with an Arduino board and my CNC mill.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:20 am

you really did it? Amazing job!

what kind of power unit for the steppers are you using? i think i got it... you are using the stock power controller, just take the arduino as connection between your computer and the controller?!

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri May 30, 2014 2:17 am

Nice. So your just running the Mega to the step drivers as you would any other BB. Do you have plug in for CW for running the mill or how did you go about controlling through CW? That would be cool to run off a USB cable from a laptop rather than a PC and monitor. :)
Again awesome job. 8-)