Creation Workshop RC5 - Not on GitHub!

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation Workshop RC5 - Not on GitHub!

Postby PacManFan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:06 pm

I'm quickly preparing for a new release of CW, and I can use your help to test the latest version. RC5 has many improvements over RC3, including going back to the more familiar tabbed look and feel. The GUI controls have been updated, the organization and build/slicing process has been optimized. I've also added a few more options for supports.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/537 ... WRC5_1.zip

All constructive criticism and feedback are welcome.
-S

watsonstudios
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creation Workshop RC5 - Not on GitHub!

Postby watsonstudios » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Nice! I'm playing with it now. Of course I can't use the control features but will use what I can.

Question: Can you make the grid fit the build size? Basically expand the grid to fill the build envelope so it fills the XY no matter what size. Obviously, you might not get full grid squares on 2 ends but it's nice to help visualize the entire build area. Just a thought.

Jon

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 pm

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:47 pm

Thanks man. One other note. On the supports, when you use auto generate, some supports are created going through the geometry. Meaning some supports will travel through the walls of the part to support a higher area. I know it's probably not an easy fix but it would be nice. If you start at the top of the support, where it touches the part, and move downward. The support will either have a clear path to the build plate or it will hit the part. If it hits the part, it can touch the part with another cone end, so it will have a contact cone at both ends for easy removal. That's what the B9 software does. You can have a support start from the surface of a part and end on the surface of the part, it just has 2 cone shaped contact points.

Just another thought. :)

Jon

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 am

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 am

Thanks! Yes, it was the "adaptive" setting that did this. :)

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:39 am

Not sure if this is they type of feedback you want but here's what I found the last few days messing around.

Sometimes when you close this version of CW it doesn't really close it says open in the background which makes it not connect to the board next time you try and open it. Have to go to the task manager to close it down before it will work correct again. Not sure if that is CW or some other issue but it didn't happen with RC3 or 4.

When I start a print run (still testing) sometimes again, it will flash a completely white screen for like a half sec before going black.

When using the support drop down if you you the + sign to hide and display everything works fine. If you use the little green arrow bellow the support image it cuts off about 1/4 of the drop down when you reopen it with either the + or arrow.

I see you can change the slice image color but it defaults to pink not white is there a reason for that?

Other than that I really like the new layout and seems to slice super fast. :)

Clinton

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Just curious if that was the kind of feedback you were looking for?

Also wanted to ask anyone that might know that uses CW. Can the Gcode from a slice be modified once created? I'd like to change the lift and speed of the first few layers as my printer is using a passive VAT and I would like to have the first 4 layers about 2X as slow and 2X the lift height. I can view the Gcode and even delete pieces but can't seem to add any different values.

Thanks
Clinton

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Last edited by Glacian22 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:23 pm