Is Creation Workshop still supported?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
danthehuman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is Creation Workshop still supported?

Postby danthehuman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Is Creation Workshop still having updates and improvements done to it? as currently still one of the main printer control software that's available for the DIYer.
PacManFan are you still out there and can shed some light on where this software is at and any further plans for it?

Jimustanguitar

Re: Is Creation Workshop still supported?

Postby Jimustanguitar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 pm

As far as I know, CW version 1.whatever.75 was the last free release. Creation Workshop is being actively developed, but it's not free software anymore. The new software is at https://datatree3d.com/ and licenses appear to be priced for commercial customers instead of hobbyists... I don't know anything about the company or the developers, and I don't want to speak out of place, but my guess is that they sold the title to another company. No idea of the real story, though.

The 1.0.0.75 version was recently modified by a gentleman on the D7 FaceBook group. He's got an updated exe that fixes some of the glitches. Hopefully the license of that last release allows the community to continue developing it. Fingers crossed. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2879100 ... 173224834/