How to get print on Display2

sitzme
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to get print on Display2

Postby sitzme » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:35 am

I am having trouble getting the print to display on //display2. I selected //display2, saved the changes, went to machine control. The print shows up on //display1 and blanks out the Creation Workshop window. If I drag CW over to //display2, I can sort of make things work but it will be a problem on next reboot. Is there a way around this since I really don't want to use the projector as //display1. I also don't see any way to drag the print window around which may be for the best anyway.

Just to be sure here is the setup;
display 1 is primary
display 2 has windows desktop extended onto it

I've been too busy to do much but have the printer ready for more testing and hopefully back to printing tomorrow. CW seems to be working and can move X & Z.

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to get print on Display2

Postby PacManFan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 am

A few other users have noted there are issues with the secondary display selecting correctly. It comes down to this weird Windows bug in listing enumerated monitors names, and then later matching those against a name in a string. I've already fixed this issue, and the fix for it will be in Release Candidate 1 (RC1). I don't have an exact release date yet, but it will probably be around New Year.

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Sounds good. I can fake it until then. It should work to boot with a spare monitor.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:24 am

i´m actually having the same issues, regardless of using windows xp or windows 7. i´m not able to push the build-window onto the second display.

any help is highly appreciated.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Alright, you didn't here it from me ;-), but there's an 'unofficial' Release Candidate build that fixes a bunch of issues, including the secondary display issue here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/537 ... op_RC1.zip

I've been re-working the GUI with my co-programmer, improving the communication (no more stalled prints), fixed the secondary display, and a bunch of other cool things. GCode is now 'scriptable', I still need to work up a manual that explains the commands. Be sure to unzip this into a NEW directory, there may be some incompatibilities with older config files.

-S

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Let me know if you encounter any issues with it, I'm still working out a few bugs and issues with program flow.

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi Steve. The grid shows up on display2 now. I toggled between show and show blank and it worked until I hit hide. When I hit show blank, the grid came up and I can't get the blank screen. After a restart, I click showed blank first and couldn't get the grid. This can be worked around. The next thing that was a little odd was that the move and rotate dialogs are too small to show all of the contents. At the moment I prefer the previous interface but it might grow on me. I have been exporting slices and thought that release 13 was pretty fast but sometimes it would be minutes before it finished. Yesterday I forgot to check the export box and thought that nothing had happened except that the progress box was gone. Sure enough it had sliced it very quickly. Overall, I would say that you are making good progress. Thanks.

Not enough time to do any printing lately. Hoping for next week.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Attachments
CreationWorksRC-Resolution.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:54 pm

It's an issue with the autoscale functionality. I will post another version soon. Does this happen just on the object move form? If you could do some testing and report any issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:39 am

i´ll do my very best at whatever i can do to support your fantastic work Image

so far i have seen issues with all 5 buttons in the 3d view, but to be honest its hard to tell without knowing what sould be behind each button.

i´m currently using 1920x1080 resolution and again i can´t see what these 5 buttons functions are.

one thing i don´t really understand in genereal, "machine connection com58" and "projector serial control", what are these functions used for?