FirmWare

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jakevette
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FirmWare

Postby jakevette » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 pm

I've downloaded the latest software package including the firmware.
I had to change the PINS file to match my boards config (I used the same PINS from another working system)
I was able to upload it to my board (RAMBo - Arduino Mega 2560).
But unfortunately I get no response from by stepper.

When I uploaded the firmware from that working system their software drives the motors so the board is good.

Any ideas?

Thanks;
J

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: FirmWare

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Make sure the speed is set to 115200 in the firmware. Also make sure you're setting up the connection correctly in Creation Workshop. Are you testing with another program like Pronterface?

jakevette

Postby jakevette » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Hey PacManFan;
Thanks for the quick reply!!

My were wrong.... Thanks for the tip. But unfortunately, it did not help. No change to the results.

At the moment I using Creation Workshop. And have not tried any others.

Is there a chance I could get a version of the firmware that has the minimal needed for motion.
I'm using a DLP projector and do not need the X & Y axis's. And since I'm using UV sensitive resin I do not need anything to do with heating, temperatures or extruders.

Can you recommend another firmware or what I need to shut down in this one to keep it minimal...

Thanks;
J

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi,

the minimal firmware that i have seen is the one from miicraft, the source is in the software that you can download.

it has 2 options for motion 0.1m layerheight and 0.05mm layer height.

jakevette

Postby jakevette » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey PacManFan;
I just loaded Pronterface and the interface worked with the your orignal firmware. So now it's just Creation Workshop that I can't get working.
Any ideas?
Thanks;
J

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:20 pm

As I mentioned in the previous post, make sure the speed set in the firmware is 115200bps, also, double check the correct port is being used. Also, make sure you're using the eGeneric driver, not the eNull driver. Let me know if this works for you.

jakevette

Postby jakevette » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:36 pm

It was the driver....
Thanks my friend!!

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Glad to hear you figured it out. As a note - In the next release of CW, all new machine will default to using the 'eGeneric' driver. A test machine with the eNull loopback driver will be created automatically. I've already seen this cause too much confusion.