Official status of the legacy (1.0.0.75) version of Creation Workshop?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rkundla
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Official status of the legacy (1.0.0.75) version of Creation Workshop?

Postby rkundla » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:51 pm

With the transition of ownership of Creation Workshop software to DataTree3D LLC, what is the current legal status of the 1.0.0.75 version of the Creation Workshop software? Is it considered freeware? Will you be making it Open Source like you mentioned in a previous discussion?

I ask because there have been Cease and Desist letters flying around from DataTree3D to printer vendors who have been hosting the legacy software on their own websites for their customers to use with their printer. Since these companies are no longer able to host the software on-site becuase of the C&D request, what is the official download repository of the executable 1.0.0.75 version, assuming it is still available to end users free of charge? If I am writing a help document for a printer, what link should I publish to refer the user to download said software?

I am asking this in this open forum since this can affect all of the users who rely on Creation Workshop 1.0.0.75 for their printing needs and we'd all appreciate some clarity in what DataTree3D's plans are for Creation Workshop going forward.

Thanks for your time.

Ron

Scatterplot

Re: Official status of the legacy (1.0.0.75) version of Creation Workshop?

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:15 pm

I'd love to hear an answer to this as well. $500 for the new version is an order of magnitude too expensive for me to consider for hobby use.

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:39 am

Given <= 1.0.0.75 is still open, I'm not certain how DataTree3D can enforce a C&D ultimatum.

For those interested, because of how up-in-the-air CreationWorkshop is, I ended up moving on to NanoDLP (http://www.nanodlp.com/) to run my printer. I use B9's software for support generation, plate and slice it in Slic3r, then upload the SVG to my NanoDLP/Pi for printing.
Research Chemist

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm

I thought NanoDLP did slicing and plating by itself, does it not? Why are you going through Slic3r? I'm planning on switching soon for the same reasons you are and I'd like to figure out my workflow in advance.

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Research Chemist

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:37 pm

They have it available for $99 per year, or a one time cost of $500, on their site. Is that what you're talking about PacManFan? If I was running a business with it that wouldn't be too bad but it's still way too high for hobbyist use IMHO.

3dprinter.org.ua

Postby 3dprinter.org.ua » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:03 am

Thank you
Where i can download 1.0.0.75?
Last firmware for Arduino Mega
and last firmware for Raspberry Pi?
----------------
I want to download the latest legal software suite and manual for home DLP printer
https://3DPrinter.ua - 3DPrinter shop