Help generating support

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help generating support

Postby jon_bondy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:40 am

I am having problems understanding how to generate and manage support in CW. I have releases 36, 54, and 75 available.

When I use Automatic support generation with one model, some areas are supported way too much, and others are not supported at all.

When I click on the Add Support icon (in release 75), a check box appears, but nothing happens. In prior releases, a support was added, and then it was up to the user to position the support (which is tedious and difficult).

Any hints about best practices here?

Thanks!

Jon

jon_bondy

Re: Help generating support

Postby jon_bondy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:35 am

Excellent explanation! Now the feature is useful! Thank you!

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Now I need help doing the reverse. I generated the supports automatically, and want to remove some of them. I can see how to select each individual support structure in the list at the lower left. I cannot see how to have that selection reflected in the 3D drawing, nor how to delete an individual support.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Jon

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Found the tutorial here:

http://www.kitprinter3d.com/en/blog/cre ... pports-n45

My problem seems to be that after I double-click on a support structure, it is not visibly selected in the 3D display. It sometimes becomes selected, but erratically and mysteriously. And each computer reacts differently (both Win 8.1, but the computer with the Wacom tablet behaves poorly compared to a laptop with a touch pad).

But I now understand what is going on.

Jon