Calibration

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
monito
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Calibration

Postby monito » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Well I finally we able to get my first print. I didnt do any calibration other than trying to figure the cure thickness. This print was supposed to be square but came out as a rectangle. I am assuming it is from the monitor settings. I thought the software corrected for this? What is needed to make the image square again?

Another issues I have is the quality of the print. There is a fuzzyness to it. And not all the small objects are coming through. The X cross bars are not allways there.
Attachments
IMG_1739.jpg
IMG_1737.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Calibration

Postby PacManFan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm

In the machine configuration:
1) Click on the monitor you're using and verify that the displayed resolution is correct.
2) In the build size X/Y/Z, set the correct X/Y size in mm that corresponds to the projected image on the surface of the vat bottom. The Z coordinate refers to the Z height or you're machine, but it's not used in any calculation.

The program will calculate the correct pixels per mm and scaling factors for when the slices are rendered

Remember to click "Apply" to save the changes.

monito

Postby monito » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:43 pm

My monitor is 1280 * 800 what number should I use for the X and Y?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 pm

In the x/y, you'll need to enter the size of the projected image on the bottom of the vat. For example, my projector is 1024x768. The projected image size on the bottom of the vat is exactly 102mm x 76mm. I did this so I could have exactly 10 pixels per mm or 100 microns x/y resolution.