Base layer timing off and print issues

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tymmy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Base layer timing off and print issues

Postby Tymmy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:31 am

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

First of all, one of those 2 objects was interrupted by a power outage, and the other correctly printed the rods, but I broke them off by accident...

For some reason I cannot solve 2 problems I've been having.
1) Creation Workshop can't get the timing right for the base layers and so I have to add a 1500ms dealy in the preslice otherwise it will start projecting the next slice before the build platform has made it all the way back to the bottom of the tank. Unfortunately, this is only an issue with the base layers and the other layers all sequence normally, but I can't seem to write a good If>Then code to get it to only delay on current slices <11, so my prints are taking 2 hours instead of 1.

2) Even though the projector is displaying the correct images, and as you can see I'm getting at least 3 of the 4 holes in the build, I'm getting some failure to cure for some reason on the bases of all of my prints. Help?

Thanks,
Tymmy

redonix76

Re: Base layer timing off and print issues

Postby redonix76 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:23 pm

The problem sis the Zbottom speed. The lift sequence time also includes the time it takes to move from the retract position to the next print position. If you dont want to increase the sequence time, then you should increase the Zbottom speed to at least 75 - 100, 50 is too slow and eats up your sequence time, which is why it stars to cure before it reaches the printing point. Took me awhile to figure this out, but this should fix your timing issues.

PS: The Z distance also adds to the time which is not auto calculated into the lift sequence.

As for the holes, I'm not quite sure bu it could be air bubbles? Either that or the resin is contaminated with water or not mixed well enough?