Create a mask with UV sensor

nc42
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Create a mask with UV sensor

Postby nc42 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 pm

The UV output from the projector is usually uneven which can cause problems while printing. The mask dims the brighter areas to equalize the UV out put across the image

sontaya
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sontaya » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:09 am

Hi NC42,

Are you success with graymask by UV sensor?

I am try to follow your step but it's seem not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3chyql4un5b1s ... 2.JPG?dl=0

I am not sure what i am wrong. please show me you resin calibrate result.

i just get problem about projector light intensity. i need help to let my printer work.

thank you in advance

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:21 am

nc42, thanks for sharing this. I hope this will fix all the issues with my Acer H6510BD.

BTW, you don't have to change the slice time in the settings, you can just show current slice. It's a button in the bottom left corner of the slice viewer (v1.0.0.36).

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:47 am

Great tip on the show current slice, I had no idea.

While my solution for the mask isn't perfect it seems to have fixed many of the issues I was having. Especially combined with shifting the lens fix the focus.

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 am

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:41 am

Sorry obviously not clear. I don't have my arduino at my house but to double check but I believe the things to match are the com port and the baud rate. If I remember correctly if your only serial port attachment is the arduino cool term will automatically detect it and assign the correct settings.

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:09 am

Which versions of CW does this work with? I'm using v1.0.0.36, and I get strange effects when the mask is applied.

Sometimes it looks like this (scan lines effect):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8qd5q5c0evrlwn/IMG_4389.JPG

And sometimes it's missing many rows of the image output.

Attached is the mask I generated. If you could try it and see if it works for you, that would be a useful test.
mask1.png

DanOrgan

Postby DanOrgan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:01 pm

CaptainBisquick, I am using the same version of CW with LittleRp, and using the same .stl file to calibrate my projector. I never saw those strange lines as on your photo.
Maybe, something is not right with your projector or another hardware (video card)?

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm using version 75 or what ever the last release was. Haven't made it to my shop to try your mask yet. One note is that you want the mask to match the resolution of your projector, ie if your projector is 1920x1080 you want the image to be 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels if I inspect your png in my browser it shows it as 1980x1020 pixels.

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Good catch on the image size.

It seems the problem was related to the use of PNG. I'm generating my mask image using displacement mapping in Blender (I'll share the blend file with you guys), and then any tweaks are done either in Blender before render, or in Gimp after render. Then I'm saving to a VirtualBox shared folder, since I'm running CW on VB. Somewhere in the process, the PNG format is getting jacked up. If I open the image that Blender is producing, I get the scan lines. If I export the image from Gimp, sections of my projection completely disappear. I switched to JPG and everything is working now.
Last edited by CaptainBisquick on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.