where to send feature requests for CW?

jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

where to send feature requests for CW?

Postby jon_bondy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:25 am

I cannot find any way to send feature requests for CW. Should I just leave them on this forum? Is there a Sticky for that purpose?

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: where to send feature requests for CW?

Postby PacManFan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 pm

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:16 am

Steve:

Thanks!

1) I am using a LittleRP printer. We are instructed to add a 1 second delay in the GCode section. One consequence of this is that the time estimates that CW provides are always wrong (prints always take longer than estimated). One solution would be to find a way to add that delay into the Configuration for the printer, so that CW could include the delay in its time estimates. Another way would be for CW to print (say) 10 layers and then compare the estimated time vs the actual time. CW could then adjust the total estimated time to be more accurate

2) it would be nice to see the remaining time, in addition, or as an option. That is "12:35 remaining"

3) it would be nice if the progress were visible as a bar, which I could see from across the room

4) it would be nice if the font/size for the progress information could be customized so that one can see what is going on from across the room

5) it would be nice if the final thing that was done at the end of the print included:
a) raising the print up so that it can drain automatically
b) sounding some alarm so that I can come into the room and shutter the projector, or turn the projector off

Thanks for listening!

Jon

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:58 am

Jon: 5a) is pretty easy. Just add this to your end.gcode:

G1 F200 Z15

That lifts the part up 15mm so it can drip. I've had this in my end.gcode for a while now... :)
Research Chemist

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:23 am

mongerdesigns

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:19 pm

These would be nice.

Some kind of a mask generation / calibration option. Sort of like what the b9 software has. Dragging the gradient around and adjusting it and then printing a simple file with pegs to check the uniformity.

A way to customize the buttons and remove things based on the printer that is being used. Like a config file.

Better support structures. Being able to move them around both the tips and the bases and modify them after they are placed. More options for thicknesses, etc. Better automatic supports.

A print server option similar to CWH to allow remote uploading of CWS files for printing. For example to an old laptop running the print server, or a raspberry pi. CWH does this, but it would be nice to be able to it from inside CW. "SEND TO PRINTER" button that will upload the file, then you can control the print server, print, stop, etc from CW on the client pc through the server pc/device.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:58 pm

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:16 am

I keep getting advice to "feather" the exposure times between the initial exposure times and the long-term exposure times. See here for example:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3618&start=20

I have no idea whether this advice is useful/correct. My experience is that the prints are erratic (perfect print, then bad print), so I am not convinced that this feature is necessary; but others seem to be.

It would be helpful if that "feathering" could be done automatically rather than requiring the user to edit the GCode file manually.

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:13 pm

I'd like to request that the machine profile and slicing profile in use be added as variables when slicing. I have visions of putting my projector on a motorized axis and having it automatically goto the right position for the xy resolution based on the machine profile selected