Easiest way to run CW on a Mac?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
reluttr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Easiest way to run CW on a Mac?

Postby reluttr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:14 am

Does anyone know the easiest way to get CW working on the mac for free?

Also does anyone know if the latest version of CW works with the Uncia Printer? I was thinking about buying their kit, but it appears that in the past it needed its own build. However their website doesn't make note of this, so I am thinking they changed the firmware over?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Easiest way to run CW on a Mac?

Postby PacManFan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:37 am

reluttr

Postby reluttr » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 am

Which tablet did you get, and how well does it work? I have a middle-aged laptop (4-5 years old, but nice when it was new) and it struggles a lot when trying to run CW. It works, but it's not nearly as fast as my newer computer.

sabotage

Postby sabotage » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:19 pm

ecurtz

Postby ecurtz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:04 pm

My opinion after spending a couple days playing with the code is that the "cheapest" way for any individual user to get it working on the Mac is to just buy a copy of Windows and use Bootcamp. I say this as a diehard Mac fan, but OpenTk (again in my personal opinion) has a bunch of issues that would need to be solved, many of which were related to screen updates and it would take a lot of testing after those were fixed to convince me it wasn't going to glitch and ruin prints. PacManFan has said that he had it working on the Mac, but I don't know if that was merely a proof of concept or if OpenTk just hasn't been keeping up with OS changes, but as of a couple months ago I was pretty pessimistic about the amount of work to bring the Mac version up to parity.