Creation Workshop RC2 - For Testing

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation Workshop RC2 - For Testing

Postby PacManFan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:31 pm

12/17/2013 - Here's the latest build - Version 14 RC2 for testing purposes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/537 ... op_RC2.zip

I would greatly appreciate it if you could download and give it a try. I'm trying to fix some issues regarding displays being cropped on different resolution machines. If you find a bug, please post in this thread with a screen shot or two and let me know what resolution you're running.

Thanks!
BTW, No- the object CSG functions aren't usable yet, I'm finishing up those now.
-Steve

sitzme
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creation Workshop RC2 - For Testing

Postby sitzme » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 pm

One feature request is a utility to upconvert existing settings when there is a new format. A stand alone utility would probably be fine instead of building it into CW. Or maybe make the first line of the file indicate the format so it can be converted automaticly.

ps 1280 x 1024 is the screen size in use when the move and rotate boxes got clipped. I didn't try any other resolution.

sitzme

usb ir remote

Postby sitzme » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:42 pm

A while back I built a setup to allow a person to control some lights and a tv using their foot to control a trackball. One of the parts was a USB IR transceiver. This might be a good way to support projectors since some don't have serial ports or are not documented. I don't know if any of the universal remotes can be controlled by usb not. The project that I did was about 6 years ago and is in the wind. http://www.usbuirt.com/ is the device that I used.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Siztme - Did you have problems with the RC1 I posted a few days ago, or the link I just posted above for RC2? Or did you have issue with both? Can you post a screen shot?

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 am

RC1. I will try RC2. Maybe tomorrow. I'm beat. On RC1 I got the same thing that Leinad78 shows in his screen shot.

Had a little more time.
Move and rotate controls display and work for me with RC2. Projector "show" and "show blank" toggle back and forth properly until you "hide" and then both show what ever the last state was.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:11 am

hello steve,

i´ve been playing with RC2 right now and i ran into some small issues:

CW-R2-issue1.jpg

there is no explanation popping up on the lower right icon with the green "check" sign.

CW-R2-issue-support-delete.jpg

i haven´t found a way to remove support structure after it has been created in the case i don´t want it.

one last thing which i haven´t taken a screenshot of: lets assume i open a stl file and recognize that its the wrong one, i then open the right one, there seems to be no possibility to erase the first stl file?

one very last word from me after playing some more, i think the new design isn´t as intuitive as the first beta13

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 am

I may be wrong here, but to delete an item, select it in the tree, right click, remove.
it would be nice to delete multiple supports, instead of one at a time.

P.S, my focus is on building hardware, so may be wrong about CW.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 am

I should really update the user guide.
In order to delete a model, you can double click on it and highlight it, and then press the delete key.
You can alternatively select it from the tree view, right click and select delete.
In order to remove all supports, go to the tree view, right click on the '3d Supports' node, and click the 'remove all supports' menu item.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:06 pm

any hint where i can find the tree view? :shock: in beta13 it was obvious to see, but currently i can´t find it?!

(edit)

ok, found it Image

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:33 am

Hi Pacman,

first of all, thank you for this super slicer, i've been using it for a few weeks now, (beta 13)

when beta 13 starts up, it doesn't save my projector resolution it always goes back to the defaul setting. it doesn't influence my build area though that one stays the same