Beta13

gregcoles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Beta13

Postby gregcoles » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am

Hi, I too have built a DLP printer and am trying to get it functioning using your Beta13 software.

Thank you for the great effort you have put into the program! (I have made a donation a while ago for the use of CW.)

I am using Mach3 as my controller and am able to run my machine using the G code generated by CW but I can't seem to work out how to get my projector to interface with Mach3.
I have Powerpoint installed on my PC but need some guidance on how to get Mach3 touse it.

I would really appreciate any advice you can give in this regard.

Thanks,
Greg.

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 pm

You might want to check out . The Illios project there uses Mach3 controller along with a powerpoint script to do exactly what you're describing. You can still use Creation Workshop to load models and generate the image slices. Creation Workshop uses a standard RAMPs-compatible serial controller board that is used in many FDM 3d printers. If you want to convert your machine, it shouldn't be too difficult.

stelabo

Postby stelabo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:24 pm

I'm working with Beta 14, but the bug was with Beta 13 also.
When I slice having the projector frame opened, it displays the first slice at the end of the slicing.
This is dangerouse, and doesn't occurr if the DLP windows is not opened.
So I've resolved adding the line
m_frmdlp.HideDLPScreen();
before
m_frmSlice.Show();
in row 728 of file frmMain.cs

Hope this helps.

258cj7

Postby 258cj7 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm using the Mach3/PowerPoint combo for my machine. I create a PowerPoint slide show of the slices (the 1st slide is blank, all black). I have a macro for Mach3 that opens the PowerPoint 79 viewer and displays the slides and sends all the axis movement commands to Mach3.

Basically it:
asks for the file name of the .pps file
Displays the firs slide (the blank one)
lowers the build platform to z-0
I have a shutter over the lens that I open here
Fills the tray with resin
Raises then lowers the tray to .1mm (my slice thickness) to get some resin under the platform
exposes the first layer
displays the blank slide
moves the z up then down for the next layer
exposes the next slide
then it repeats untill all layers are printed

It also exposes the first few layers longer to get a good base stuck to the plate
And it checks every 10 layers to see if it needs more resin

After the last layer it closes the shutter then raises the platform to it's full height and leaves the screen blank

I Dont have any commands to acuate a tilt mechanism because I went with a passive tilt. The tray is hinged on one side and free to lift on the other. As the z axis lifts, free side is lifted with it and provides the pealing action. It seems to work pretty well. You can see it in action here.

I din't have acces to the macro right now but let me know if you are interested and I'll send you a copy.

John

gregcoles

Postby gregcoles » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:39 am

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Steve, I have been following the progress on Demtris Ilios printer and have downloaded their Macro for Mach3 but so far I have not been able to get it to work.
I must be doing something wrong but I am not sure that he will be willing to assist me seeing as I have not bought one of his printers.
Perhaps I should ask him and see what he says.

I have also seen your blogspot about your printer project and am impressed with your machine and the good quality of your prints, well done!
Regarding using a ramps based controller like you mentioned, I am very keen to try that out as an alternative to Mach3.
Would you be able to give me advice on what I need to do to make a change to this system? I would be most gratefull if you could.

John, thanks for offering to send me your macro and outlining the procedure. I would definetly like to get a copy of it if you dont mind.
Maybe you could point out where I am going wrong if I need help.

I have uploaded a photo of my work in progress on my machine for all to see.

Greg
Attachments
My Printer.jpg
My DLP Printer

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:03 pm

It looks like you've got most of the hardware in place. Basically, you will need to get a RAMPs - compatible board. These controller boards are widely used in FDM printers. The wiring of the system should be fairly simple, you can follow the wiring guide for the RAMPs board you buy. The X axis of the Ramps board will be connect to the tilt axis of you SLA printer. There are several firmwares that you can choose from. I've done testing with Sprinter and Marlin, but I understand many work fine. The electronics and firmware are identical to the electronics you would find in a FDM printer, just used in a different way.