Machine Com Port, can't set <solved>

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dangre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Machine Com Port, can't set <solved>

Postby dangre » Mon May 18, 2015 2:41 pm

I was hoping someone can shed some light on my communication issue. I have been successfully running my printer with CW for a year on a couple different laptops. I just purchased a WinBook Win8 tablet and cannot get the Arduino(RAMPS) to communicate with CW and the tablet. I can see the Com port (COM3) in Device Manager and it shows up in CW under Machine Configuration/Port. But when I select COM3 from the pulldown and then select Apply Changes the Port reverts back to the default (COM11). Obviously, the <connect icon> in the Tool Bar is not selectable so I cannot communicate with the Arduino. Another has used this tablet successfully with the same hardware. I am using the RRD_RUMBA_TAURINO driver. Hopefully I am missing some simple step.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4409 ... et_-_black
Last edited by dangre on Tue May 26, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

dangre

Re: Machine Com Port, can't set

Postby dangre » Tue May 19, 2015 10:18 am

Update:
I was able to resolve the communication issue by moving CW to the SD card. I can only assume I may have a Windows8 administration access issue. I am not a Win8 expert but this fix works for me. I'll ask around for advice on Win8. For the time being, I am happy with my $99 CW/3D printer computer. :D :D :D They have a 7" version for $69.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 19, 2015 11:40 pm

dangre

Postby dangre » Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 am

Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed May 20, 2015 10:33 am