Lines.. Everywhere, lots of them

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aurelm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lines.. Everywhere, lots of them

Postby aurelm » Fri May 15, 2015 10:22 am

Hello.
I encounter the following problem in most models I try to print (the more complex ones), no matter what computer I am on.
CW on around 10% of the layers generates horizontal lines that end up being holes or missing parts of the model alltogethere. The meshes are all collapsed, closed and checked but I cannot seem to get rid of this problem.

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Lines.. Everywhere, lots of them

Postby PacManFan » Sat May 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Most times line appear like this is because the model is non-manifold (not watertight). You may wish to test the model in another program and see if you can repair it. The debug window will also give you some additional information .

aurelm

Postby aurelm » Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 am

Ok, thank you. Ofc I tried my best to keep the models watertight but most programs fail to fix them or just crash. They are complex models with 200.000 to 1 million polygons.

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 am

I have the best luck with NetFabb software...
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP