CW Command Line

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
StellaVenere81
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW Command Line

Postby StellaVenere81 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi Creation Workshop team, my name is Stella (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008618806508) and I like your CW very much, but I have a lot of 3D models to slice and I was thinking about this very fast solution :
Prompt.jpg
What do you think about developing this idea? Ciao :P

StellaVenere81

Re: CW Command Line

Postby StellaVenere81 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 am

not even an answer for me? I wrote maybe something wrong? excuse me! :? :|

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:11 am

Overall, I think a command-line slicer is a good idea. Initially when I started writing Creation workshop, I gave a lot thought about keeping the slicer and GUI separate. Do you have any specific need for a command-line only slicer?
-Steve

StellaVenere81

Postby StellaVenere81 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi Steve, and congratulations for your Creation Workshop, I like it because it's very fast and easy! But I have tons of nice 3D models in STL format and I think that a "CW.exe" from command line could be very useful for me and my 3D printer. My brother has a laser CNC and he often uses PNG slices from Creation Workshop to cut and make wood models. And so I think that this solution is very good for us :
Prompt.jpg
I hope that you have time to do something to help me. Many thanks and I will wait for your future work. :P

StellaVenere81

Postby StellaVenere81 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:52 am

Hi Steve, still nothing new about the command-line slicer? :roll:

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:10 pm

StellaVenere81

Postby StellaVenere81 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:08 pm

ok.. I was sure that you are a busy guy.. ;) ! but I hope that you have some free time to develop the CW command-line (it should be easy in C# language, or not? I'm sorry but I'm not a C# developer.. :cry: :oops: :mrgreen: ).

rkundla

Postby rkundla » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Steve,

On a variant of this, can the call to the GUI have a STL file on the command line and when CW opens, it places the object where I can then manipulate it directly?

RhinoGold has a linkage direct to 3D printers now, so if I can send my STL file to it directly, that would help speed up my workflow.

Thanks,
Ron

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:51 pm

rkundla

Postby rkundla » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:52 am

Since many printers use Creation Workshop, if you can get TDM to add your software as a printing device, that would be a big plus for you!

Regards,
Ron