CW without GCODE

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW without GCODE

Postby adambx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:34 am

Hi Steve,
i recently bought the StepRocker Module by Trinamic.
http://www.trinamic.com/products/module ... /tmcm-1110

It's pretty awesome since Trinamic drivers run Super smoothly and quietly. I'm pretty familiar with their Control Language TMCL.
It should be possible to run it with CW right? If i substitute the GCODE commands with other ASCII commands there should be no problem or is there something i haven't thought about?

The module also has STEP/DIR inputs so you can use it as a driver with RAMPS or other systems and keep using GCODE.
I'd like to keep using their proprietary stuff since they got a preatty neet stall detection feature which could be used to automatically touch the vat without destroying it.
Addidionally the module has two STEP/DIR outputs so you can connect any other driver and control up to 3 axes.

Anyways, if you or anyone else would like some more info about it, feel free to post here or PM me.
Also i'm not affiliated with trinamic in any way, just love their products ^^

PomeroyB

Re: CW without GCODE

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:01 am

If all you need to do is send ASCII commands to the board, you can do that with the M800 Ascii pass-through.

adambx

Postby adambx » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:39 pm

hi,

the passthrough mode seems to only work with the uncia version but i can't find a new version which supports masking.
I can't connect to a non G-Code interpreter via Serial.
there should be some kind of debug option where the driver doesn't wait for a response after sending commands. any chance of that?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:15 pm

adambx

Postby adambx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:04 am

thanks!

does CW terminate the string in any way? For my Trinamic Module i need a CR character. any way to do this?

Cheers

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:49 pm