CW does not see the dlp projector resolution properly

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aurelm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW does not see the dlp projector resolution properly

Postby aurelm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Hy there. I am building (actually finished) a top-down dlp printer. Everything seems to go ok except one thing. The software only sees the Acer H6510BD projector as 720p, seriously limiting the print resolution.
I have tried all there is to try. I modified the machine profile manually but of no use. Even if I set it up as 1080p the projected image gets much larger athan the print area so I cannot print.
Is there any solution to this ? The projector is connected using HDMI. Unfortunately I don't have a port on the video card for VGA.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: CW does not see the dlp projector resolution properly

Postby PacManFan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:45 pm

aurelm

Postby aurelm » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:02 am

Hi.
Yes, in windows everything is ok. Actualy in CW all displays are misrepresented and the image is pixelated as if the internal frame buffer is much smaller.
Here:
3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

aurelm

Postby aurelm » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 am

Lol, I think I got it.
It was because of display scaling in windows8. i am using a 4k main display and it is impossible to use it with windows standard scaling. Is there a workaround for this ? As turning off scaling, signing out each time I try a a print is not the best way to go :p.

Also great job for the software, it's pretty nice and reliable.

edit:
Found this also :). So all should be fine.
Disable DPI virtualization for the application. To do this, right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK. This causes the text in the application to appear clearer. However, if the application does not correctly handle high DPI settings, this procedure may have adverse side effects such as truncated text and incorrectly sized graphical elements.