Custom resolution option

sloxd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Custom resolution option

Postby sloxd » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 am

Hi. In CW is it possible to setup custom resolution in order to export PNG slices for projector that is not connected to the CW? Because at the moment I am testing my DLP and I would like to simply project pictures using Powerpoint...

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Custom resolution option

Postby PacManFan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:27 am

You can probably manually edit the resolutions in both the machine and slicing profile that you're using. Just give the secondary monitor any output resolution you'd like and copy those settings into the other fields

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:47 am

Why the 1.0.0.41 version is the last one with custom and editable Width and Height..??? It was a very very very important option for all of us using prototype machine...!!! Please restore it. Good job... ;)

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:12 am

Email.jpg
screenshot

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:06 am

I have a prototype 1m X 1m X 1m machine and I can use a 500 microns extruder to build big 3D models...! But I can't setup the Width and Height in CreativeWorkshop to have 500 microns in the output PNG slices. It's not important for me if any PNG slice is very very big... it's ok for me, I need this...! Can you solve it...? If we can setup every custum Width and Height we want (and it's not important the real Display's resolution!), then everything is very easy...! ;) ...
Email2.jpg

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 am

... I work with PNG slices, and not with Gcode.. of course! :idea:

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 am

... and so I have to resize all PNG slices to real size every time...! But it can be easy to have a fast solution...!!! Good job... ;)

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:32 am

to understand better you have to think about a.. "very big 3D ink-plotter" to ''3Dprint" all PNG slices in real size....! ;)

miki71ita@libero.it

Postby miki71ita@libero.it » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:35 am

"...goodbye Gcode!..." eheh! :idea:

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:53 am

I'll see about adding this feature back in. One thing you can do with the current version of the software is open up the machine configuration file in a text editor. You should be able to manually edit the output resolution values as well as the monitor X/Y size.

-Steve