Suggestion, Bottom Layers

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Matze
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Suggestion, Bottom Layers

Postby Matze » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:11 am

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the bottom layers. With my flexvat (20x12cm) it would come in handy if there was a possibility not only to adjust the exposure time for the first couple of layers, but also the z lift distance.
A few more mm for the bottom layers would give the resin more time to flow back, specially with larger bottom layers. Or does this feature already exist?

Thanks and best regards,
Matthias

r255

Re: Suggestion, Bottom Layers

Postby r255 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Hey Matze,

Take a look at the gcode view
If i am right this is the code that is responsible

;<Slice> 0 =[ slice number ]
;<Delay> 5000 =[Layer Exposure time]
;<Slice> Blank =[ dont know ]
;********** Lift Sequence ********
G1 Z5.0 F50.0 = ( G1 Z[z-lift distance] F[z-lift speed] )
G1 Z-4.9 F100.0 = ( G1 Z-[z-lift retract distance] F[z-lift retract speed] )
;********** Pre-Slice Start ********
;Set up any GCode here to be executed before a lift
;********** Pre-Slice End **********

The z5.0 and minus z-4.9 fit the 0.1 slice size i have setup.

Hope that helps

PS: Guess you have to skip the next layer if you change the layer size from 0.05 to 0.1 to keep size consistent.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Matze

Postby Matze » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:59 am

@r255: Thanks, I'd guess I'll have to have a deeper look on g code :)
@PacManFan: Awesome!