error when slicing printing large stl files

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neurofun
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

error when slicing printing large stl files

Postby neurofun » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:23 am

I am getting the following errors with large stl files when i try to print or move the slider in the slice view.

CW1.0.0.54 on winXP sp3 running in parallels on mac osx

11:43:52.890> Err : Parameter is not valid.
11:43:52.890> Err : at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)
at UV_DLP_3D_Printer.Slicer.SliceImmediate(Single curz, List`1 allIntersections) in E:\PROJECTS\GitHubRoot\UVDLP\UVDLPSlicerController\UVDLP\Software\PC\UV_DLP_3dPrinter\UV_DLP_3D_Printer\Slicing\OldSlicer\Slicer.cs:line 247

attached is a log file of a failed print on the actual system connected to the printer
it is a dual display setup running CW1.0.0.47 on windows vista
the stl file is about 78MBytes

i later tried on a third system running on win7 with more ram and still get the same errors
Attachments
Creation - error.log.zip
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 697 times

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: error when slicing printing large stl files

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:45 am

I'm not sure what happened, I'll take a look at that right away

neurofun

Postby neurofun » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:51 am

did some more testing on a 4th computer with CW1.0.0.54, this time with a core i7 16GB ram and win 7 64bit.
i could not reproduce the error but i can bring the computer to a crawl, i suspect there might be some kind of memory leak.
the previous computers i tested with had less ram, 1GB and 4GB.
when i start CW and load a 40MB stl file, CW will claim +-500MB extra ram for that file, then i start to duplicate the file in the scene, for every copy CW claims more and more ram, by the 10th copy CW will claim +- 1.4GB extra for that copy only.
CW is now using about 9.3GB ram.
when i have reached the 18th copy the computer has become extremely sluggish.
also every time i move a file in the scene, CW claims more memory.
and when deleting the whole scene, CW does not release the memory.

if you need any more information or testing, please let me know.
filip

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:35 pm