Software Requirement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
duckprinter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Software Requirement

Postby duckprinter » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:24 am

Hi there guys, first of all I'd like to say that this forum has been a great help on troubleshooting my own problems and getting inspiration on construction.

I built my DLP SLA printer from scratch and have had multiple successful prints with it. Atm i am waiting on some adhesive backed FEP foil to make sure the printing is a bit more robust than when using Sylgard 184.
Now the question i wanted to ask was:

What are the minimum system requirements to run Creation Workshop and to make sure no hiccups pop up when slicing or running a print?

The reason i am asking is i am planning on buying a very cheap laptop as a dedicated Printer Workstation and since going cheap means going low on the specs side, i just wanted to make sure how cheap i could go without sacrificing reliability. In case it matters i am using an Arduino with a modified Version of hlocke's Firmware.

Cheers and would really appreciate some help ;)

PomeroyB

Re: Software Requirement

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:55 am

The most intensive part of CWS is the actual slicing of the model. I'm not sure how a weak computer would respond to it... Pacmanfan will have to speak up with regards to that.

As far as running the prints, it can be done on a Raspberry Pi, so I doubt you'll have a problem with any laptop you find.

duckprinter

Postby duckprinter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks for the reply, I had noticed that slicing was the most intensive part, but i guess worst comes to worst i can slice on my PC and export it to an scene file and load it on the laptop.

Again thanks! :D

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 pm