New Creation Workshop RPi Host

oz9ny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Creation Workshop RPi Host

Postby oz9ny » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:45 am

Hi

I have just tried installing the rpi-host and after that I have a few remarks.

1. The host requires a large computer screen. My workshop computer is a small laptop with a 1024*768 screen. That's enough for my cnc's :-)
2. Why are you implementing a full fledged CW on the pi. In my opinion all that is needed in a CW-interpreter and a few control buttons.
When working with my cnc I design and generate toolpath on a powerfull desktop computer and I had the hope that I could do the same with the Creation Workshop Host.

Another post in this forum asks for a commandline slicer and I would welcome that too! Together with a small Creation workshop interpreter that could run on the pi as a standalone system.

Just my thoughts
Niels

With a nearly finished b9creator clone.

oz9ny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby oz9ny » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Thinking a bit further.

Controlling supports in a command line interface would be hard :-)

But still a web-based interpreter/controller for Creation Workshop would be nice to have.

/niels

hp_

Postby hp_ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:44 am

hi Niels,
by interpreter you mean, a piece of software that can open and use a CW created zip file on the raspi?

Kind regards,
hp

how_eee

Postby how_eee » Mon May 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi all.
Thanks a lot for this app, but something wrong with it.
I have raspberrypi 2. Just installed new raspbian image and CWHost.
Uploaded 71mb cws file and started it. It was sliced with slice time 8sec. When i run this job slides illuminate for 15-20sec. All different.
Do you try to print big files?
I do not know, may be roblem is in CW for windows. I use newest compilation 1.0.0.75

How many Mb of RAM should I allocate for GPU?
Attachments
Снимок экрана (56).png

sodium

Postby sodium » Mon May 04, 2015 2:11 pm

when was introduced .75 version? :?:

how_eee

Postby how_eee » Mon May 04, 2015 3:20 pm

A couple of days ago. See on github.com.

So what about my questions?

sodium

Postby sodium » Mon May 04, 2015 3:49 pm

i cant help you. my rpi is hosting a xbmc :lol:

how_eee

Postby how_eee » Tue May 05, 2015 6:21 am

OK. Could you explain what you mean.
Xmbc is media player, isn't it?

sodium

Postby sodium » Tue May 05, 2015 11:39 am

i was joking. i have zero experience with Rpi and CW. My only experience with RPi is hosting Xbmc, a media player.
Really,i dont know how i ended asking things in this thread :D

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Hello, I'm trying to use the latest versions from area515 and am getting an error when I try to print: "Gcode file was not found in print directory". Anyone know what would be causing this? Thanks for any help!