New Creation Workshop RPi Host

DanOrgan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Creation Workshop RPi Host

Postby DanOrgan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello.
Does RPi host supports Mask feature, like the full version CW do?
Or, maybe there is a way to save all .png files and load them in RPi Host?

ps_bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ps_bond » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 am

Finally had time to sit down and have another look at this.

Observations:

1. There is no facility to manually set serial port speeds. Only tested with the console test printer at the moment, but this may be an issue.
2. There is no facility to set the base layer exposure.
3. There is no facility to add GCode into individual operations (e.g. delay before lift sequence).
4. Cannot enable individual motors (in my case, I only want Z running).
5. There is still no debug output.
6. STL input is interesting, but there is no facility to set layer height and the slicing is not ideal - inside/outside detection fails on the test model I'm using (which prints happily IRL).
7. There appears to be no facility to set masks.
8. User documentation is non-existent.
9. It is not clear what data input the server is expecting (apart from STL).
10. Rendering of slices on the server page is inconsistent - sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I'm happy to help with some of this, despite Java not being one of my primary languages (if you'd written it in C++11 or Python I'd have a much easier time); however, in order to help I'd need a better understanding of how you expect it to be used - see #8...

(Added - as Ergobot hasn't logged in since Feb, I've added several of these to the issue list on Git)
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

muringa

Postby muringa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi,

Managed to install the CWH on my RPi. Still trying to figure out all of the details to get it working.

Is there a more detailed version of how I can setup the new layout, other than this instructions:

How do I use this new version of the GUI you've started?

Change the following line:

hostGUI=resources
in this file:

[LocationWhereCWHIsInstalled]/config.properties
to this:

hostGUI=resourcesnew
Once the new GUI has all of the functionality of the current version, we'll use this version automatically.

Also, could not get the cwhClient-0.157.zip (shortcut) to work, any ideas??

chill74

Postby chill74 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:46 am

I just got Creation Workshop RPi Host working for my mUVe 1.5 printer! Seems to be doing just fine. I don't understand the calibration setting for the projector though. In CW it has an x,y measurement.

In this, it just says Pixels. Anyway, so far so good!

viljamm

Postby viljamm » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:45 pm

smurpau

Postby smurpau » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:50 am

So I've built my DLP printer and it works in CW, but there seems to be some trouble connecting to it through the web dashboard in CWH. I've plugged my Arduino/RAMPS into the raspberry pi in both USB ports and there's some acknowledgement LED on the Arduino, but it won't start. If I click start, a message box saying "Error On startPrinter
This printer:SeansPrinter2 is being started. Can't start again." appears. Am I missing a step in configuring the machine?

Any help is appreciated.

jkao

Postby jkao » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:25 pm