Mask

RapApp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mask

Postby RapApp » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello again,
i have try to design and input a mask. The problem is now that when i load the mask into CW and activate it, the beamer show only black. I have try to slice something, and to print but nothing happens. I also can't show the Calibration squares if i have the mask activated.

this is the file:

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mask

Postby PacManFan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 pm

The mask looks like it should be correct. You need to use a multiplier mask. The RGB channels should each have the same mask values, the A channel should be all 255. I'll take a look at the mask you posted tonight.
-Steve

RapApp

Postby RapApp » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:27 am

Can you post please a ps file as an example?
Did i need a Transparent or a white backgroud?
The mask dimension have to be like the projector pixel? I have 1980x1080 projector pixel, so the mask have to be the same? or did i need the mask in build area dimensions?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

vonhellsing

Postby vonhellsing » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:48 pm

What mask do? I'm a little lost kkkk

Zenon

Postby Zenon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:29 pm

I made a picture to illustrate what a mask does:

So the mask evens out brightness imperfections in the projector output.

sodium

Postby sodium » Mon May 11, 2015 5:19 pm

someone has success with this feature? easy way to make a mask? how to identify hot or leak spot with accuracy ?

maybe lowering brightness slide to 10 %, project a totally white image in a wall, take a photo and process with photoshop to identify bright differences??
i remember read this process somewhere time ago ...

opinions??

sodium

Postby sodium » Mon May 11, 2015 7:56 pm

i just did a test. a white paper in front a lamp. it could simulate the uneveness if the light. take a photo.
IMG_20150512_005813.jpg
sumulated light output

i load this image to photoshop, invert it in a second layer and apply a 50% transparency.
Sin título-1.jpg
inverted

The result image is perfect even grey image.
IMG_20150512_005813 copia.jpg
result image

i dont know the exact steps or settings to get the right png mask file ... it is documented somewhere?

sodium

Postby sodium » Wed May 13, 2015 5:07 pm

well, nobody knows, trial error time!

acer photo wall.jpg
photo taken from wall projection

this is photo taken with my dslr from a white image projected in a white wall. can see clearly the hot spot, and how brightness decreases to the borders, especially the left side.

acer photo wall AUTOMATIC.jpg
automatic levels from photoshop ...

this photo is photoshoped with automatics levels, and the degradation is more visible.

acer photo wall EQ.jpg
equalize filter

with this filter, is much more visible, not realistic, the brightness diference.

now, i guess, i must invert and convert some of these images to apply the mask.

PACMAN FAN HELP!!!

sodium

Postby sodium » Thu May 14, 2015 3:37 am

Nobody has mask successfully implemented?? :(