Mask

sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mask

Postby sodium » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:29 am

patent for grey mask from envisiontec

DanOrgan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DanOrgan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello! How to properly take a photo for mask? I can't focus my camera straight to the paper because of Z-axis Arm, so I am using 45° mirror, is it correct?
I want to reduce vignetting effect of camera lens to minimum. So, I need to keep distance? Don't use zoom? Set Aperture value to maximum? Anything else?

cardin1

Postby cardin1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:39 pm

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Not going to lie, that's all way over my head....

My current plan is make a png file of white dots on a grid and take sensor readings from that. I'll then input those as a point cloud in Rhino and use the "Patch" command to make a surface from them. I'll then take the surface and use the "ShowZBuffer" command to shade the surface by height (UV energy read by sensor" Then I will out put this as a .png Not the cleanest work flow, I'm sure there is a way to do this with software but I don't really have the time to put in to that right now...

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Screenshot (8).png

sodium

Postby sodium » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:32 am

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Rhino picks the surface closest to the camera as white and the furthest as black. If you look in the screen shot you can see that I added a plane on the XY plane. By moving this plane towards our away from the surface you can control the amount of gradient on the constructed surface. I also made the surface then moved it below the XY plane and ran ShowZBuffer from the bottom view so the lower readings would be white. You could also just make your surface and put the plane above it. Hope that clarifies if not I can make some more examples when I get home.

Also this wasn't made with real data, I should have the sensor on Monday

sodium

Postby sodium » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:07 pm

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:14 pm

I went for the https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12705 which is mostly sensitive in the UV. I figured that this was more relevant than over all lux, and at 13.50 euros it was worth a try. If I have any luck I'll definitely share my arduino code, not that it will be anything particularly complicated.

sodium

Postby sodium » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:11 am