Mask

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mask

Postby PacManFan » Thu May 14, 2015 10:35 am

I'll be posting a guide soon that shows how to properly create a mask, but overall, it looks like the technique you're using should work. The important part is that it's an inverted multiply mask.

sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sodium » Thu May 14, 2015 2:06 pm

aurelm

Postby aurelm » Sun May 17, 2015 5:25 pm

I also had very little success.
I photographed the projected image brightness, Made a mask in Photoshop and tuned the hell out of it. After making the mask I set up a print of a box that covered all the surface and re-photographed the projection to make sure it was the same brightness.
Due to the nature of dlp light I had to use very long exposure to get a proper reading in the camera.
Even after the light seemed to be uniform with the mask, in actual print there were still margin areas that were underexposed. So the only solution for now is to add pigment until light bleeding is no longer an issue and to overexpose so that the corner areas are ok.

I was wondering if it would be a solution to add a diffusion screen to the light source as the pattern of light does not seem to be due to optics and vignetting but more from the point nature of the light source.

sodium

Postby sodium » Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 pm

maybe henry locke ( user HTL )could help us with the mask. exact words from a post in january:
" I did use the mask feature and it worked perfectly with my brightness correction mask. "

helppppppp ! :D

CihanAlak

Postby CihanAlak » Thu May 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello

I made a mask but, could you help me about which file format i have to save?
Is PNG ok?

Projector Light
IMG_8194_brit.png

Mask
IMG_8194_mask.png

Masked Light (Multiplied at Photoshop)
ProjectorLinearBurnMask.png
ProjectorLinearBurnMask.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 19986 times

Best Regards
Cihan Alak

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu May 28, 2015 3:45 pm

That looks about right, it should be in png format as a multiply mask.

sodium

Postby sodium » Thu May 28, 2015 4:22 pm

hi cihanalak,

im lost getting a correct mask. can you describe the exact steps to get your second image?

i load a photo taken from the projected image ( your first posted image ), but i dont now how to proceed to next step.

everybody say mutliply in photoshop, but when i try to create a new multiply layer, nothing happen ... :(

this is a photo taken from my projector.
acer photo wall.jpg

if i duplicate layer and apply multiply , i only get a image a bit darker than original. clearly im doing something wrong ... :(
Last edited by sodium on Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CihanAlak

Postby CihanAlak » Thu May 28, 2015 4:25 pm

CihanAlak

Postby CihanAlak » Fri May 29, 2015 9:16 am

aurelm

Postby aurelm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:25 am

Guys, don't forget there is always vignetting from the camera lens. So you should also make a mask for the photograph or use a SLR with a lens that lightroom can correctly correct :)