CW on ARM Linux

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW on ARM Linux

Postby Glacian22 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 am

I've been playing around with the idea of running CW on an ARM board, the Odroid XU3, which is a pretty powerful little computer running Debian. Without any modification, Creation Workshop will run, but crashes when you try to do much of anything, confirming my strong suspicion that it would need recompiling to run on an ARM system. The problem is I'm really not sure how to compile a C# program, since it's not something I've ever worked with before.

Steve, could you maybe post a short guide on how you compile CW? I'd really appreciate it! :)

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: CW on ARM Linux

Postby PacManFan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:04 pm

If you have Mono installed, it should work fine as-is. If CW is crashing, you might be able to determine why by looking at the terminal command-line output and the debug window. I use Microsoft Visual Studio 10 to compile the project. Some other people have used MonoDevelop to compile the project (I haven't done this myself)