OS X Status?

ecurtz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

OS X Status?

Postby ecurtz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:10 pm

I just built the code from github and it runs on my Mac, but there are certainly serious issues (e.g. I don't get anything to display in any of the tabs but 3D view) is the OS X version "working" at this point, in which case I've done something wrong during build, or is it still a work in progress?

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: OS X Status?

Postby PacManFan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:25 pm

I must admit that I've focused primarily on Windows for the past several releases, and I do occasional testing with Linux to ensure nothing serious has broken. It's been a while since I've done any testing on Mac. I would appreciate any help you can offer to maintain the code on Mac, and I'd even be able to compensate you for your efforts if you're able to fix/resolve any Mac-specific issues.
-Steve

ecurtz

Postby ecurtz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

The one hour diagnosis is that hiding pnl3dview on the Mac isn't hiding the 3d control inside, so none of the other tabs are visible unless I hide it manually. Probably not a huge surprise that the mono WinForms package on OS X is a little flakey, and shouldn't be a big deal to fix. I'll take a look at it tonight. I'm also getting a lot of flashing window redraws though, which make me worry about accidental exposure, I guess we'll burn that bridge when we get there.

I have to admit that anytime I see C# code I wonder "how hard would that be to convert to Unity?" but I'm not quite that insane at this moment (although I'd absolutely help if there were other interested parties).

MichaelD33

Postby MichaelD33 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:59 pm

I couldn't get it to launch on my mac, I can't launch .exe files... How do I start it up?

ecurtz

Postby ecurtz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I built it from the source code using Xamarin Studio and launched it from there, but there are tools for bundling all the mono stuff up into a regular OS X app. If I get the thing into a usable state I'll look into what's required for that.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:12 pm

MichaelD33

Postby MichaelD33 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:24 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:28 pm

MichaelD33

Postby MichaelD33 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:30 pm

MichaelD33

Postby MichaelD33 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 pm