Creation Workshop for Uncia

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation Workshop for Uncia

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Attention Uncia users:
I've created a version of Creation Workshop (1.0.0.30) that is available for test. This version should support the Uncia printer. Included in this distribution is a new Uncia machine and slicing profile. Creation Workshop will generate GCode as normal during slicing, but during the build process, this GCode will be re-interpreted by the new Uncia driver to control the machine. If you have an Uncia machine, please give this a try and report results into this thread.

Thanks,
-Steve (PacManFan)

Jellyfush

Re: Creation Workshop for Uncia

Postby Jellyfush » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi Steve,
I did a test print yesterday. One thing, I adjusted the feed rate and it didn't seem to change. Also it didn't show a what slice it was printing... not sure if this is usual operation though. Other than that it works pretty damn good!

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:10 pm

The feed rates aren't yet tied in. The Uncia driver sends each step movement to the microcontroller board individually. I'll have to make a few adjustments to CW to add in variable delays between each step to adjust for a target feed rate. Right now, I'm moving the motors at maximum speed as defined by the 9600bps baud rate. I'm glad to hear you were able to make a print.

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:02 am

Hey Steve,

I've just downloaded your software, and it seems to work pretty well! I've only used it for about 30 minutes so far, but here's what I've noticed...

First off, to reiterate what Rafael said on the (closed and private) Uncia Google Group, the "Motors On/Off" button does nothing. This is pretty irritating, since the electronics on the Uncia and its motor create some pretty intense resonant frequencies, and the only way to stop them when the printer is idle is to unplug it!

The other thing that I noticed is that the console mucks up your GUI. Here's a few images to show what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/b6pYC1X.png
http://i.imgur.com/uRJ9gaK.png
http://i.imgur.com/yDCzHUl.png

The top image is before clicking show console.
The middle image is when the console is shown (Notice that your 3D preview shrinks, and a white bar between it and the control panel is created)
The bottom image is after hiding the console again. The white bar moves to the right of the screen, pushing the control panel behind the 3D preview.

Obviously this isn't a huge issue, but I thought I might as well bring it to your attention.

Thanks for the great software!

Brandon Pomeroy

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:08 am

So I checked out your source, and found the UnciaDriver.cs. I added in the two M-codes to enable and disable to motors, and I'm pretty sure that should fix that.

Unfortunately I can't test it, as I can't figure out how to enable the Motors On-Off switch on the GUI! Here's two images to show what I mean:

Your original CW for Uncia looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/twV6wPz.png

And my modified CWS looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/sFyAO8N.png

You can check out my modified code on -- All I did was throw in two more cases, so it's a quick read.

If you can drop a hint as to where that Motors On-Off switch is flagged in the code, I'd appreciate it!

===========EDIT================
Got that figured out, and uploaded to my

physi3d

Postby physi3d » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Does the new .54 CW fix the feedrate for the Uncia?

LABTOH

Postby LABTOH » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:10 pm

Download and unzip Creation Workshop for Uncia, version 1.0.0.30
Hello,
Where can I download this version? I am trying to download it but it is
giving me error 404. I appreciate your help
Thank you :|

carlsgems

Postby carlsgems » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:25 pm

any luck getting the creation workshop for the uncia 3d printer? link not valid any more

carlsgems

Postby carlsgems » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:22 pm

I had the same problem and a got it from the google group forum to temporarily post a RAR for the uncia creation workshop, if you go there you might find it.

mjohnson1001

Postby mjohnson1001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:17 am

I recently was given an uncia from a co-worker. Found CW here

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... LP-Printe/