Multiple projector setup

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
s1000rr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Multiple projector setup

Postby s1000rr » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi,

I was testing the s/w and setup a printer to have 2 displays setup horizontally, I configured the slicer to save the images. When I viewed the slice layers, I noticed that there was only a single image per layer.

Should there be:
- 1 image per slice (s/w will split it up for two projectors)
- 2 images per slice (1 image for each projector)

Or did I make a mistake and it's only using 1 projector?

Thanks
Sebastian

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Multiple projector setup

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Sebastian,
Creation workshop will creation 1 slice per layer. When you set up the machine configuration file with 2 projectors, each projector is defined to display a portion of the the slice image. If you open the .machine file, you can see this.
During building, each DLP view will display a portion of the larger image.

A few questions:
What resolution are your projectors?
What is your build platform size in mm?

When you render the images, what sizes are they?

-Steve

s1000rr

Re: Multiple projector setup

Postby s1000rr » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Steve,

I have not purchased any equipment yet, was just playing around with the s/w trying to understand it and to see what would be necessary to get a printer up and running.

I ran some more tests and I could see the difference between a single projector setup image size and a dual projector setup and like you said it just creates a single image per slice.

Thanks
Sebastian